Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aprilaire Plugin - Infinite Loop Defect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilaire Plugin - Infinite Loop Defect?

I seem to have a new problem that appears after 24-36 hours that I can't track down. Eventually the plugin gets hung-up attempting to process a bad set of data being returned. I threw the plugin into debug mode and I'm attaching the snippet of the log file. Once the plugin get stuck (so far on Thermostat 3) it tries every 2 seconds to process the bad string and never gives up. A shutdown and restart of HS clears up the problem.

Has anyone else obeserved a similar problem? Just asking before I open a defect ticket.

I did review the system logs for any power problems, but we didn't have a power hiccup until ~10 minutes after the problem started. Something I'm watching....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Doolittle; August 17, 2006, 12:07 AM. Reason: (added more details)

Hi Jeff-

I am 99% sure this is a result of using 19200 baud while the plugin uses 9600 baud. I should be positing a new build later today that allows you to use 19200 baud, along with added remote sensors and the advanced commands described in your other post.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
      this is a result of using 19200 baud while the plugin uses 9600 baud. I should be positing a new build later today that allows you to use 19200 baud, along with added remote sensors and the advanced commands described in your other post.
      No, actually I bumped all four thermostats back to 9600 baud and they work fine for a while. I noticed the termostats again this morning were showing communication had been lost and once again it appears to be something around thermostat three but it's slightly different.

I've attached the new logs and in this instance we ran less than 5 hours before encountering the problem.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X