This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Active Mode Displayed

Here is the senario, I've got a hybrid (not car) heat-pump / natural gas configuration. I heard running just moments ago and was curious which zone turned on as it's our first winter with the three zone system. The zone I expected was on but instead of the plugin stating that it was "(Heating)" it showed "(Cooling)".... I walked over to the thermostat and it clearly showed the heat engaged and the temperature @ 69, as opposed to the A/C which is set for 78.

What details can I provide to resolve this minor issue other than the description above?

Thanks!

Hi Jeff-

This might be caused by a number of things. First, if you do not have polling enabled, what probably happened is that the system changed modes, and the plugin never found out about it. It could also be that Homeseer set the thermostat to cooling, but the command was never sent out properly. If you don't have polling enabled, that is the obvious culprit in my view.

If you have a log segment, please send that to rj[at]homeseer.com, but it might not be much help. You can also try enabling Debug messages (this can be done on the config page), and see if you can reproduce the scenario. If this happens again with debug messages on, this would definitely help me find out what's happening.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
      Hi Jeff-

This might be caused by a number of things. First, if you do not have polling enabled, what probably happened is that the system changed modes, and the plugin never found out about it. It could also be that Homeseer set the thermostat to cooling, but the command was never sent out properly. If you don't have polling enabled, that is the obvious culprit in my view.

If you have a log segment, please send that to rj[at]homeseer.com, but it might not be much help. You can also try enabling Debug messages (this can be done on the config page), and see if you can reproduce the scenario. If this happens again with debug messages on, this would definitely help me find out what's happening.
      RJ ... eMail has been sent...

Comment

For anyone who might have followed this thread... the Aprilaire plugin appears to now be fixed with RJ's latest test build he sent for my single stage heat-pump.

Basically the plugin wasn't checking for 'Y1+' and 'B+' being engergized which meant the heat-pump was in heating mode ('Y1+' and 'B-' is cooling).

To have the fix make sure your using at lease build 1.0.2530.28980 or later...

Comment

Working...
        X