Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to post an update to document what Tom and I found was going wrong with his setup. The plug-in was not able to properly parse the thermostat responses due to the fact that the thermostats had been "named". Tom had previous used Premise SYS software and it seems that software uses the SNx NAME= command to name each of the thermostats.

An example of a response was "SN1UPSTAIRS T=70F" when it should have been "SN1 T=70F". The plug-in was parsing the address as "1UPSTAIRS" instead of "1" therefore it assumed it was from an unconfigured thermostat so it just threw away the data and never updated the device associated with thermostat "1". I've added an IsNumeric check in the parsing code to verify the parsed address is numeric otherwise the plug-in will log a parsing error along with the data it was trying to parse. This should make it easier in the future to figure out what's happening.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I'm actually having this same issue, but I can't seem to see where a "location" would be set to see if this is my problem also.

These are brand new thermostats, and I can control them with the HS status page, but I can't see the status, and it doesn't seem to update the status at all. I do see the RS232 lights blinking every minute or so, so I believe it's communicating.

The temperature is always 0, and nothing else updates on the status page.

I have 3 8870's connecting to a distribution board, and then to a 8811 adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

Go into the plug-in setup, enable debug messages, and post some of your logfile in this thread. I'll have a look at it and see if I can see what's going on.

Ken
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Ken,

Thank you very much for the help. Attached is the log file from the last startup and shutdown. If that's not enough, please let me know and I'd be happy to help with more.

You'll see an error message or two from the Lutron system plugin, but that's a different problem that I'm having right now. Clearly, don't worry about that, and I'll post that in a different forum.

One other quick note, I did have this working on a different computer on a workbench. Unfortunately the hard drive of that computer crashed, so I had to start over again.

Thanks again,
          Scott
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Scott,

I doesn't look like you are getting any responses from the polling commands. I'd suggest you double check your wiring and also try another COM port. Also, you may want to try a simple test using a terminal program to see if you can talk to the stats that way.

Let me know how it goes,
            Ken

Comment

Working...
            X