This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there support for Lightolier Compose COMM (CLPCOMM) card

Just want to find out if there is support for CPLCOMM card? can I can controll my compose via comm card?

-p

Pasha, provided you have an AC outlet that is "inside" the firewall (i.e., on a branch circuit that passes through the firewall) then you can use HS and any X10 computer interface to control the Compose dimmers with preset dims. Add the HS Compose "plug-in" software and you will have Compose scene control and triggering as well.

Personally, I think this is a better solution that going through the Compose Comm card. If I recall correctly (and my memory may be a bit fuzzy here), I think the Compose comm card may only allow control over certain house codes.

I also do not believe there is a HS plug-in that "speaks" the Compose serial protocol. You would have to roll your own.

Regards,
    Don

Comment

I don't think that using any X10 interface is better way, because only compose card understands collisions on x10 network. It will buffer your request and send it only when nobody talking.... That's the reason I got it... I'm not happy with tw523 and so far if I control this one manually I have no problems.

Comment

Pasha,

I believe the firewall panel itself does the X10 collision detection, noise filtering, buffering and repeating (if necessary) of sent/received X10 as well. Does the comm card provide access to all house codes? If not, this would be a show stopper, for me at least. If you have compose specific questions, you may also try to ask them over on the Compose forum. Shane there is very helpful.

www.composeplc.com

Regards,
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X