This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Compose Fan Control switch question

How many levels of control are there using this switch? Is it 3 Hi, Med. and Lo.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Looks like "yes" to your question..... see Martin's answer (and Shane's answer further down the page) at this link:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...185#3566081185

--

Comment

I know the switch can control the 3 positions of the fan but I was wondering if the switch can be adjusted more than just three positions.

-Rupp

Comment

I'm just wondering how many people actually using all 3 fan speeds?
        Personally I always have all my fans at max speed all year long.

Marty

Comment

Rupp

No it cannot. It's not quite like a dimmer. It has those three presets from the factory and that is it.

-Shane

Comment

Thanks Shane.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

Is this switch working well for you without any hum?

How does the switch work locally for fan speed?

Thanks,

Robcoll

Comment

As far as local control you simply touch the top of the switch and it turns on to the hi setting. Then if you desire to have it on med or lo you simply tap and hold the bottom of the switch until it "lights up" med or low. No hum what so ever.

-Rupp

Comment

When you send an on command from homeseer or a remote does the fan go on high?

Was it hard to program the switch?

Comment

Yes if I send an on it goes to full speed but if I send a dim 50% it comes on at medium speed. This is the part I like.

As far as programming, at first it was hard trying to use the instructions that came with the switch but Shane sent me a condensed set of instructions and it was much easier.

-Rupp

Comment

I ordered one from Martin last week and should have it any day now.... can I get a copy of Shane's condensed instructions from you ???

TIA

--

Comment

To Program the switch
                        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                        First you need to put the switch in compatibility mode by doing the
                        following:

1. Press the bottom of the switch firmly until the switch is in full OFF
                        "air-gap" and a "system off" sticker
                        can be read on the top of the switch paddle.
                        2. Press and hold the set button on the right side of the switch. While
                        holding the set button press the top
                        of the switch to turn it ON "non air-gap."
                        3. While continuing to hold the set button, press and release the bottom
                        of the paddle switch. Then release the set button.

Next you want to set the switch in what is called CI mode. This gives
                        you full two-way status of the switch. The other modes are used for
                        full "Compose" installations or where only 1-way communication is
                        desired. To program to CI mode do the following.

1. Turn switch OFF manually.
                        2. Once switch is OFF tap the bottom of the paddle to ensure that the
                        switch
                        is in the OFF state.
                        3. Press and hold the set button for 10 seconds.
                        4. After 10 seconds the switch will display its current mode setting on
                        the green LEDs which the LED's should be in the middle for CPM
                        mode(default mode)
                        5. Tap the Top button to change to CI mode, the top LED's should light
                        up.
                        6. Release the set button.

Next, you'll want to address the switch. The switch comes with a
                        default code of C1. The easiest way to program the address is to
                        basically zero out the settings and count from there. For example, do
                        what it says in the house code part and while in set mode press the
                        paddle down a bunch of times. This will take the house code to "A".
                        Only the bottom led will be lit. Then decide what house code you want
                        and count from there. Assume you want an "F" house code. You will tap
                        the top of the switch once for B, again for C, again for D again for E
                        and one last time for F. The important thing to remember is that you
                        are starting in "A" so 1 tap is already B and not a. The same goes for
                        the room codes. Just start at 1 and count up from there.

Set Dimmer/Switch House Code
                        1. Press and hold the set button and top of paddle switch simultaneously
                        for
                        3 seconds. The current House Code will be displayed on the Green LED bar
                        graph.
                        2. Release the paddle switch while continuing to hold the set button.
                        3. While continuing to hold the set button, tap the top/bottom of the
                        paddle switch to increase/decrease the House Code.
                        4. Release the Set button to save the new House Code.

Set Dimmer/Switch Room Code
                        1. Press and hold the Set Button and bottom of paddle simultaneously for
                        3 seconds.
                        The Current room address will be displayed on the green LED bar graph.
                        2. Release the paddle switch while continuing to hold the preset button.
                        3. While holding down the Set button, tap the top/bottom of the paddle
                        switch to increase/decrease the Room Code.
                        4. Release the Set button to save the new Room Code.

The switch is 2-way so you'll be able to see the status of the switch in
                        Homeseer's log after you program it.

</pre>

To program the led light
                        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                        Every switch is capable of setting its LED to 1 of 4 brightness levels.
                        The fourth level turns the LED off. The OFF setting for the red LED also
                        affects the green light level indicator LEDs. When the LEDs are in the
                        OFF mode the green LEDs will turn on for 4 seconds when the light level
                        is changed and then turn OFF again.
                        1. Turn the switch OFF
                        2. Press and hold the bottom of the switch for 3 seconds
                        3. Continue to press and hold the bottom of the switch and then tap the
                        set button to toggle through the LED
                        brightness levels.

</pre>

Thanks to Shane for the excellent write ups.

-Rupp

Comment

Thanks Shane.... thanks again Rupp.

--

Comment

Ok, In the HS gui I rigt clicke on the fan device, and tried a 100 % dim and it turns the fan to high. I tried a 50% dim and it turns the fan to med. I then tried a 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%, and 0% and the fan will not go to low. What could I be doing wrong.

See this picture as to how my fan is set up:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone else using these? I can not set it on low speed from the HS gui. Any suggestions.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                              X