Compose discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compose discontinued?

I have a number of Compose switches in my house currently being controlled by my HAI OmmiII panel (Homeseer -> OmniII -> Compose) We are starting to develop our basement so I was going to add more Compose switches but most of the online retailers have limited supplies (i.e. Almond only) and some specifically say that the Compose switches are discontinued.

Are these switches discontinued? Is there a replacement available? I am guessing Onset might be the Compose replacement. If Onset is the replacement can anyone confirm whether it is compatible with the Compose protocol or more specifically compatible with my OmniII panel?

Steve

You may be correct. I could not find Compose mentioned on the Lightolier/Phillips website except in an old product selection guide dated 2006.

I'd suggest trying Worthington Distribution 800-282-8864. Their latest catalog still lists the product and implies it's available in a full range of colors. Maybe it's time to stock up on replacement parts!

I don't think there is a replacement either - except to use standard X10 devices.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yes, Lightolier Compose was discontinued May 1st of this year. We may still have a few odds and ends in stock but give us a call for details. We may also have some available in our demo system as well.
      Martin Custer

Comment

Martin,

This is bad news I guess for those of us with large Compose installations. I've only had one dimmer failure in the past 5 years, but what if a lighting control board, keypad or dimmer should fail now going forward?

Do you know if Ligholier will continue to stock parts for a some number of years as do automobile manufacturers?

Thanks,
        Don

Comment

I believe that they will maintain repair stock for 10 years. If there are some additional items you need now though, please let me know and I can see what we can do.
          Martin Custer

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedOutlet View Post
            I believe that they will maintain repair stock for 10 years. If there are some additional items you need now though, please let me know and I can see what we can do.
            Thanks Martin. My house is fully fitted with Compose devices now, so I don't need any additional items beyond buying spares. My biggest concern is a lighting control panel failure, and the panel circuit boards are probably too expensive to purchase simply as spares. As long as Lightolier will stock repair parts going forward, I should hopefully be covered.

Regards,
            Don

Comment

That shouldn't be an issue. Repair stock should be available.
              Martin Custer

Comment

I am looking for 10-15 switches which is significant enough for me to consider starting the move to a newer technology rather than invest in a discontinued technology. Is there a Compose-compatible alternative out there or a "recommended" alternative to the Compose switches which will work with my HAI panel and/or my Homeseer server?

I am pretty happy with the Lightolier PLC solution so I would prefer to stay wired rather than move to a wireless technology.

Comment

Originally posted by sbiswanger View Post
                  I am looking for 10-15 switches which is significant enough for me to consider starting the move to a newer technology rather than invest in a discontinued technology. Is there a Compose-compatible alternative out there or a "recommended" alternative to the Compose switches which will work with my HAI panel and/or my Homeseer server?

I am pretty happy with the Lightolier PLC solution so I would prefer to stay wired rather than move to a wireless technology.
                  UPB is the best wired (PLC) protocol that will work with HomeSeer.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

UPB is my planned migration route as well. I've already mixed them to be sure the Compose firewalls do not interfere. (They don't.) The biggest problem is that they are based on fundamentally different approaches, so it's an extra step to translate intent to action depending on which switch type is involved. A scene with both types would be a real mental exercise to create - and maintain! I'm hoping to avoid that scenario! (Pun intended, sorry. )
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I know this is a very old thread but hoping to get any info we can on Lightolier Compose system that was damaged in a pipe burst flood here in Texas. Any recommendations on where to turn would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whitewave1 View Post
                        . . . hoping to get any info we can on Lightolier Compose system that was damaged in a pipe burst flood here in Texas. Any recommendations on where to turn would be greatly appreciated!!
                        Lightolier was purchased by Phillips in 2009, and the Compose product line was immediately terminated. I am not aware of any source of parts. (It's been unsupported for 20 years.)
                        I switched to UPB and would strongly recommend it as a much more capable alternative.

Comment

Working...
                        X