X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another enhancement

Rick,

Now that the flags and units are broken out into devices, is there a way to get all the buttons in a seperate listing, ie "HAI Buttons"? The way they are now, buried between the units and the flags on the "HAI Units and Devices" screen is really inconvenient. The buttons are the only HAI things that I see people really needing to make changes (ie RUN) on, while the units and flags generally (at least for me) might be looked at for status or generating triggers for events/scripts.
    My system is described in my profile.

Jim,

Actually, I made a conscious decision not to do a device for buttons as it seemed a total waste, and here is why: 1. Buttons cause things to happen in the HAI panel, and all of those things can be done with HomeSeer actions as well. 2. The only "action" for a button device would be to push it, and that means that the only display status for the device would be perhaps the last time it was 'pushed', which is not overly useful. 3. The purpose of the devices is to allow TouchPad and Media Center to have a visual and (eventually for TouchPad) control mechanism to the HAI/OnQ systems, and with buttons I thought it would be much easier (and available now) to just create an event that pushes the button and then put all of those button push events in one group, e.g. "HAI Buttons".

Make sense?

The verdict is not yet in, but I am considering the same argument for messages. The only thing I could see doing with messages is to have the option to display/clear a message, but in the device interface you cannot enter text that you want to change the message to, so I figured without that, then an event to display/clear a message was probably just as good too.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
    X