This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the INI apart - Questions - Format

Here is current ini file that I am using with X.30 version of the plugin.
    I put questions related to each part.

[hspi_HAI]
    gBaseCode=]
    COMPort=4
    PanelModel=16
    PanelCode=xxxxxxxxxx
    debug=0
    NumZones=21
    NumThermostats=1
    NumX10Units=16
    NumOutputs=3
    NumCode=4
    AuxTempZones=13,14,15
    TemperatureUnit=F
    OmniStatZone=16
    PollingInterval=1000

With this version of the plugin I noticed when I change the gBaseCode from "[" to anything else, no other base appears to work. Am I missing something? I also noticed and was wondering if there is another way to do the following: I have other X10 units spead around after "A" units. (C and D & O units) If in the INI file I specificy 234 NumX10Units I can see on the web page the addition units that I have but also see everything else not configured.

Zone1Name=Front Door
    Zone21Name=Garage Door Two

Unit1Name=Front Coach
    Unit16Name=Edwards BR
    Unit37Name=Christmas
    Unit49Name=Gar Status
    Unit50Name=BBC NEWS
    Unit51Name=Time & Temp
    Unit234Name=Grill Light

At this point is where I am having questions. If I specifiy 21 NumX10Units I just see what follows Unit16. If I specify 234 units I do see all of my units and everything else in between on the web display.

Button1Name=Button 1
    Button5Name=Button 5

Not currently utilizing buttons

Code1Name=
    Code4Name=

Thermostat1Name=Living Room Thermostat

Is this where "Thermostat1Name" should be sitting in the INI format or does it matter?

Message1Name=Message 1
    Message10Name=Message 10

Not currently using messages (any suggestions?)

WEBUSER-XXXX=True,True,True,True
    Last edited by Pete; January 11, 2005, 07:38 AM. Reason: Update
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Originally posted by pcalleros
    With this version of the plugin I noticed when I change the gBaseCode from "[" to anything else, no other base appears to work. Am I missing something?
    Yes, you are trying to out-smart the plug-in. There is no documentation on the basecode line in the help file because that is storage for the base code that the plug-in was told to use by HomeSeer, and that was NOT designed to be set/changed by the user. The plug-in must create the devices.

I also noticed and was wondering if there is another way to do the following: I have other X10 units spead around after "A" units. (C and D & O units) If in the INI file I specificy 234 NumX10Units I can see on the web page the addition units that I have but also see everything else not configured.

(snip)

At this point is where I am having questions. If I specifiy 21 NumX10Units I just see what follows Unit16. If I specify 234 units I do see all of my units and everything else in between on the web display.
    I don't quite get what the question is here, but if my guess is correct, then the answer is that it only shows consecutive units starting from 1, and there is no way to do smaller groups of units. The units shown always start from 1.

Thermostat1Name=Living Room Thermostat

Is this where "Thermostat1Name" should be sitting in the INI format or does it matter?
    Sorry, but I again cannot follow your question. What does 'sitting in the INI format' mean? The name as shown above is fine - Living Room Thermostat.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

INI File

Thanks Rick.

Reason I asked regarding device basecode was because I was able to change it in the newest beta version.

Will the ability not to use consecutive numbering of X-10 devices ever be offered? Reason I ask is because the Omni Pro software/firmware that works with the console keypad just displays the defined X-10 devices.

Regarding the thermostat I was asking if there is any specific location that it needs to be put in the INI file.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You could change the basecode in the previous versions as well under the hspi_HAI section, but it would have yielded the same results - it would have screwed up the works! Non-consecutive X-10 unit support would be really, really, really complex for me to put in there, so it is not likely to happen. I suppose a workaround would be to have you name the unit something specific such as UNUSED and then while still managing/getting status for it, I could look for that specific name and then remove it from the web page and the device creation. Submit a feature request for this plug-in to do something like that and I'll add it to the list to see if I can come up with some sort of solution for it.

The way I deal with unused codes is to name them for their address - e.g. a full name like "Foyer Chandelier" sticks out, while a name of F10 does not.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X