This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change to omni!

hello:I have a powermax sistem and I try to integrate with HS via serial cable but this is imposible and now i plan to change to omniLT,please I need sugestion about this especific model and where I can get better price,also what type of smoke detector I need to buy?
    thanks!

Worthington Distribution (http://worthdist.com), iAutomate (http://iAutomate.com), and Automated Outlet (http://AutomatedOutlet.com) are at least 3 of our distributors that also carry the HAI line of products. I believe Worthington and iAutomate have bundles with complete solutions - AutomatedOutlet may as well and if not, he can definitely put one together and give you a good price on it.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

thanks Rick for you replay,do you know this sistem?,I looking for a very stable sistem to integrate with HS.

Comment

The HAI systems have been around for a very long time and are pretty stable. If you are looking for a lower cost alternative though, the Caddx NX-8 system costs less and the plug-in for HomeSeer is free. There is also a new system that has all of the features of the HAI system and that is the Elk M1, and a new plug-in that a person wrote for it costs $29.95. I think any of these solutions would work very well for you, and I am pretty sure that all of the distributors I mentioned earlier carry the Elk system, some also do the Caddx system.
        Regards,

Comment

Thanks Rick for you time and advice,I e-mail wort... and found a good price in the LT but before place a order I goint to check the MK1.

thanks

Comment

When you look at the cost and time commitment of installing a full security/home security system in addition to perhaps HomeSeer and programming, it seems that the $29.95 you may have to pay for a plug-in is pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. In fact, the cost of the panel is small when you consider how much labor is involved to install it, add sensors and program it.

Deciding which system is best is not a time to be penny wise and pound foolish.

Comment

thanks to all , now clear me:to allow omnilt communicate to HS I need to add a extra board(rs-232)?.Other point I want to clear before buy is:I have to buy the upgrade chip for LT? the chip in the sistem is not actual?.

please clear me!
              sorry for my english!

Comment

I believe only the Napco security system requires a special firmware chip - all of the HAI systems communicate without any firmware changes, at least there are no known issues with the firmware version you will get with a new system today.

The older HAI systems had add-on serial ports, but the newer systems come with them built-in. I forget whether the LT has one or two ports, but I think it is only one, so that should be enough.
                Regards,

Comment

FYI, the "upgrade chip" is used to upgrade an older version ROM to the latest, ie ROM 2.4 to 2.5. If you are buying a new panel, it will come with the latest version of the chip and does not require the upgrade.
                  My system is described in my profile.

Comment

THANKS! FAST SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                    X