This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checksum Calc Errors...

I am still getting a few Checksum Calc Errors. Not a great deal but some none the less. Doesn't the plugin re-query the controller is these errors occur?? I am attempting to pinpoint a few issuses I am having with device status updates (i.e. Last Code use not reflecting the correct user - causing error in my welcome home script, Temps not being updated at the 200ms Polling Interval that I have set in the ini file, Other device status not reflecting reflecting the correct DTG that changes occured, and Phanton changes to the device status, (i.e. everyone was in bed @ 10 last night but the Security Status changed to Disarmed and blacked out the last code used @ 11:35pm...)

Not sure if all this is under the same umbrella or not but as you can see I have alot of issues with this plug in...

The checksum errors do NOT cause a re-query because that would mean having to keep track in a re-entrant program what the last query was. (It is a little hard to explain.) The same query gets repeated periodically though, so it gets it the next time through. This version of the plug-in does the secondary polling much faster than any previous version - the difference is that everything in the system gets the secondary polling completed a few times per minute whereas with previous versions it took several minutes to complete one.

The panel status can change and launch an event in HomeSeer before the last user information is updated, although they should be milliseconds apart. Did the last user info ever get updated? If there is a panel communications error, not just a checksum problem, then that can explain what you have seen since that causes a re-sync event, and a re-sync causes things not to update until communications have been re-established.

Also, the 200ms polling interval is the primary polling interval, not the secondary polling interval. The secondary polling interval exists JUST FOR devices like temperature sensors and thermostats that never generate events that the primary polling interval reads. Also, 200ms is the minimum setting, so you are pushing the panel to its limits in trying to respond to requests - you might want to see of setting this back to the default of 500 (half a second) makes things work better, and THEN reduce it if you want until you see an adverse affect. (200ms may not cause a problem at all, but I would still go back to 500 or even higher just to see if it does improve things.)
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thankx Tink,
      Actually I made the change to the polling interval after I was having the update issues. It was a test to see if increasing the interval would help. It is really hard to tell right off if it helped or not, but I will remove that line from my ini file setting it back to the default to avoid any issues with overloading the panel.

Comment

Working...
      X