This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnQ Thermostats as Devices

I am able to see and manage via the onQ web interface but I don't see where I can add devices to represent each Tstat so that I can easiliy adjust their settings. Is the only way to make changes to the Tstat is by script?

Example, I can create an event that looks for the change of setting on t-stat (Temp set point > than 65). But I am not able to pick a device and command using GUI to send a command to that Tstat to set temperature back to 64.

Is there a way to create thermostat devices within the main HomeSeer control system?

I am using the latest BETA version on an OnQ HMS 1100

Thanks,
    Mark

The plug-in provides a built-in web page for managing thermostats - it is at \HVAC.

When the beta version of the plug-in is out, you will also get devices created to represent the thermostats, and those devices can be used to interface with other plug-ins that like using devices such as the Media Center plug-in, TouchPad, and MainLobby.

Thus, plug-in actions and the HVAC web page are your control methods besides scripting.

You should find some good information in the help file in the HELP directory under HomeSeer (OnQ_Help.chm I think is the filename.)
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
    X