This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry,

Duly noted on the COM port issue - apparently as requested from Rich and attemped to be done by the original author of the plug-in, it is suppose to work to some degree without the panel connected for demonstration purposes. Unfortunately, there really is NOTHING you can demo without the panel, and so this ended up being a mess that never worked right and that I need to clean up. It stems from the fact that part of the plug-in still tries to run when there is no panel present when it really should not be.

The other question of what you want to do without a script is really quite easy. Coming from 1.4 of HomeSeer I can understand your query, but you might want to take a close look at all of the things that have happened since then - it is quite different! One of the things is that plug-ins do NOT have to create devices for everything. I just recently put that feature back into this plug-in so that it could interact with other plug-ins more easily. However, the way that you can trigger your event is also foreign to you probably, and that is through the device value trigger because the zone devices have them and so your NOT READY value would appear. However, the other (and probably more correct) way to do this would be to use the HAI Zone Triggers that were added by the plug-in. Plug-ins adding their own triggers also were not around in the 1.4 days of HomeSeer. If you go to your trigger options, you will see them there. Select the zone trigger, then on the trigger definition you can choose your zone and the status you want to trigger from. Then, in the main part of the event trigger definition you can check the option to apply conditions to the trigger, and then add the conditions that you need (e.g. "Is Dark"). In the device actions, you would simply find your X-10 device you added and give it an action of ON or OFF. The HAI plug-in was never designed to be an X-10 interface because of the extremely poor/limited capabilities of the panel for handling X-10 commands, but if the panel's X-10 interface is the one you want to use, then there are HAI plug-in ACTIONS that will allow you to operate a lighting load. These are probably not covered in the HAI plug-in documentation yet, but they are at the bottom of the HAI Actions page and are pretty much self explanitory.

Keep us posted with your progress.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I guess the problem is that I am NOT sure that what I have running is actually what I am SUPPOSED to have running coupled with the fact that this is all new to me.

I should tell you that my sole purpose for adding the plugin and converting all X-10 control to HomeSeer is so that I could use the ACT TI103. I'll add their repeater if I need it. (my home is 8000 sq ft and despite filtering, some X10 control has proven "iffy").

Ok, I understand the limitations of X10 control from the HAI, but all of my X-10 devices have now been added to HomeSeer independently, so I don't need to use HAI "Units". I go to, for example, the X10 device GARAGE SPOTS. Under trigger, I select "Garage Front Outdoor Motion Detector" and make the condition "not secure". I further add the condition "Between sunset and sunrise" (i.e., dark). However, I cannot find the condition to turn the light on ONLY for 5 minutes. What I could do is to issue another command to turn the light off using the same condition or allow the HAI zone to go to "Secure" and then delay that by 5 minutes.

Is this what one is supposed to do? Or is it possible to turn an X-10 device on for a given period of time only and, if so, how?

Another problem which you might want to address sometime is that when you ask the HAI panel to automatically get names, it does so incorrectly. Names are repeated, etc. I noted that there were problems with this earlier in the messages. I am assuming that ZONE NUMBERS are correct, is this so?

Thanks, Tink,

Comment

Larry,

Yes, what you are asking has nothing to do really with the HAI plug-in.

What you need to do to accomplish what you want is to add the device action TWICE, but turn the device OFF in the 2nd action and add a device delay of 5 minutes. What happens when the event is triggered and the device actions are carried out is that the light will turn on, and then HomeSeer will schedule a delayed device action to turn off the light in 5 minutes.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks, Tink,

That's what I did and it works. I was just hoping that it could be done with one command as it is in the OP2.

Comment

Working...
          X