X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 1 of 2 Thermostats shows in Actions Page

Hello -

I have an Omni LT, and using a 30 day eval of the HS and HS-HAI plugin. So far, things are going very well after a little trouble getting HS2 to load on the machine properly.

Question is:

I can see both Thermostats in the HAI HVAC page and can make changes to them, see their status, etc... I've even managed to give them nice names in the Device List (like Living Room, Master Bedroom)

But when I go the HAI Actions page to set an event (like arm-vacation) where I want to drop heat setpoint and raise the cool setpoints on both Thermostats, I only see 1 of the Thermostats in the Actions page. The one that shows up doesn't have the nice naming.

Also I show the HAI HVAC page, where both show up (with standard naming)

Any help would be appreciated...
    Attached Files

Hello,

This is due to the plug-in finding out from the panel that there are more than one thermostat, but the configuration of the plug-in was told that there is ONLY one thermostat.

Please make sure you have the latest version of the plug-in (may be labelled Beta) from the updater. Once you have that version, go to the configuration page for the plug-in, and note your Panel Limits - it probably shows "1" as the number of thermostats used instead of "2". You can make that change (if necessary) and then save it, and then on that page is also a link to the naming page where you can enter a name for the thermostats, or download the names of everything from the panel. Downloading from the panel wipes out all of the current names and should only be used as a starting point when configuring the plug-in for the first time since the plug-in gives you much more flexibility in naming everything.

Let us know if that does not resolve the issue.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks Rick. Yes, that fixed. The naming downloads link isn't that clear, as it blends in with the rest of the page text, i never saw it until you mentioned it.

Since I am on a new install and running an eval, I went ahead and tried the download names option. It pulled all the names just fine. It gave me option to rename all of the items except the Thermostats, but they showed the downloaded names. I'm not sure that it would have given me the option to change them, since Thermos were not in the pulldown menu that was in the naming section.

Once I did that, the system got kinda hung. I tried to "go-offline" and then "go-online" but it complained that it could not make a connection on Com2 (my port to the HAI). I disabled the plugin and then re-enabled it, and everything came up fine.

The Thermos are now showing properly in the events. I assume the "devices" created in HS, don't get the names from the HAI, plugin? I simply changed those, but it would have been nice to have that done when the system created it.

Thanks for the timely response!

~Chris

Comment

When the devices are created, they use whatever name is available at the time they are created. Since you had not yet named anything, they got created with default names. Once created, the plug-in will not create them again if they exist since you may have renamed them or moved them. So, the solution is to delete the ones it initially created, then restart the plug-in and it will re-create the devices using the new names. An alternative is to go to the config screen, change one of the limit numbers (e.g. change buttons used from 10 to 11, click Save, then change it from 11 back to 10 and click Save again) and that will cause the plug-in to create any missing devices as well.

The names link could have been missed when you were at the config page before because it was not shown - it might not have been that you missed it. You see, if the plug-in is not fully initialized and communicating with the panel, the link will not show! So it might just have been that you visited the config page before the plug-in was communicating.

If thermostats do not appear in the drop down for naming, then please tell me how many thermostats you are configured to use on the config page (not the panel config, the plug-in config) - perhaps there is a problem there. If you have it set to use at least 1 thermostat, then thermostats should be one of the name drop-downs.
        Regards,

Comment

Rick -

Thanks, that what I thought the first time I set it up. Glad to know I'm not going blind!

I just looked and the thermostats aren't showing up in the naming page, but everything else is. I have 2 therms (the max) configured on the plug-in config page (screenshot attached).

It's not a big deal, as it got the names that I set in the panel, but you might want to look at it. I have 4 items in the drop-down on the naming page:
          [Blank]
          Zones
          Lighting
          User Codes

I could make a login available if you want to look at it...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ; August 16, 2005, 08:40 AM. Reason: attachment

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just checked and the thermostat stuff should be there, so I will have to do more testing. When the plug-in starts, it displays configuration information - does it list that you have thermostats in the system there? If there is a conflict between the config settings and what the panel says it has, then the plug-in goes with the panel, so if for some reason the panel is not reporting 2 thermostats, then that would explain it. Let me know if that might be related, otherwise I will do more testing here and see if I can get it to fail.
            Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X