This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI and HS2 1972

Is anybody using this plugin w/HS2 1972? I have it installed but I can not find a place to change/set my thermostat. It finds it, lists the cool/heat setpoints, I can changet the information in the drop down box but it does not change the setting on the TStat.

I won't go into the issues with creating duplicate zones and HVAC setting. I have an open ticket for over One months with no response.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by mbreeden; September 12, 2005, 02:55 PM.

Mike,

If the thermostats are not working, it is the first I am hearing of it. The problem with the plug-in creating duplicate devices was fixed when the version I added that in was in beta. If you have a helpdesk ticket open, I could not find it, so send me an email with the ticket number.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick:

I sent you a mail

- Mike

Comment

OK, I have some news to share. For some reason Mike's helpdesk ticket was not assigned to me and was put in the wrong queue, so it just sat for a while - Mike sent me the ticket number and I found it.

I believe that the most recent version(s) of the plug-in have the issue resolved of creating duplicate devices, HOWEVER I did discover a problem.

We changed something in HomeSeer in build 1972 that I forgot I was taking advantage of in the HAI/OnQ plug-ins. I won't go into ugly details, but it had something to do with the cosmetics of wanting the plug-in to display "HAI System" instead of the plug-in name of "HAI_System" in some places.

Thus, what is broken is that when you try to control the HAI or OnQ system through the device control drop downs or buttons, you will find it does not control it. The old interactive control screens and event actions work fine, this is just the device interface that is affected.

I will have a fix posted to the updater shortly. If you use the devices, then when the new version comes out it will be necessary for you to delete the devices and allow the plug-in to re-create them. You can delete the devices, and then go to the config page and make a change to one of your usage limits (e.g. change number of zones from 16 to 17 or something like that) and it will cause the plug-in to recreate all of the devices, or you can just restart the system.
        Regards,

Comment

Rick:

I am running hs2 1972 and HAI plugin v2.0.0.5 . The duplication issues was happening in 1951 w/v2.0.0.2 (I think). I tried deleting all the devices and then creating them w/a reboot, then renaming the devices that were created but once I restart HS, I get another set. I also tried deleting them and then going into setup and un checking zones (and then saving the change) in the HAI setup page. Then check zones and it adds them. Then I down load the names from the HAI system which changes the names that were created but they have a status as unknown. I will restart HS and both the named ones (without status) and I get another set with status but no names.

I run a Dell 2.8 gig w/1 gig of memory. I have XP home edition

-Mike

Comment

Rick:

I was checking the updater and I saw the new HAI plugin version. I downloaded it. It fixed the control issues (TSTAT) but did not fix the duplicate names issue.

Also, another pain is that when you try to config the plugin it goes to the default web server address. Mine is not the default so it errors out. This was a problem in the ealier release that when you restarted HS it would open the default page for the HAI plugin at the startup but that was fixed w/1972 and now it is back as well as the new problem with the config page when selecting it from the setup page.

- Mike

Comment

I have to do some testing - I created the devices in such a way that you CAN move or rename them, but perhaps something with that is not working as it seems the difference is that you are moving/renaming them and I was not in my testing.

The new version of the plug-in definitely requires a delete/re-create of the devices if you control the system from the devices, but after that it should not have to keep re-creating them.

I am now also suspicious of you having a plug-in that is hijacking the house code that the HAI plug-in uses. After you restart the system, go to the status page and change the location to "All Locations", then click the address column so it sorts that way, and see if there are other devices in the system using the same house code(s) as the HAI plug-in is using for your devices.
              Regards,

Comment

Rick:

I left you a message in the HD ticket.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Rick:

I do not know if this helps but I had to restart my system this morning due to my Z-Wave not responding and I noticed this warning on the restart:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/14/2005 7:17:18 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>A program/plug-in is using the outdated RegisterLink function for HAI Plug-In Configuration - please contact the plug-in author and request an update that uses RegisterLinkEx.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

- Mike

Comment

Yep - just caught that one myself. The web pages are enabled after the plug-in initializes, but if there was a problem with that (e.g. you have not completed the configuration) then the pages are not activated. The problem then is that you have to go to the config web page to finish configuring it!

When I moved the config web page to be initialized earlier, it was before the plug-in detects the version of HomeSeer that is being run, so it was calling the older RegisterLink function by mistake. I fixed it in version 2.0.0.8, but I am still investigating the device issue you are having so I have not put it in the updater.
                    Regards,

Comment

Rick:

I sent you an e-mail response to the problem ticket.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Rick:

I reply to the helpdesk e-mail (three times). I am sorry but I forgot some stuff that you asked for so I had to send multiply message

- Mike

Comment

I just wanted to thank Rick for working with me to get this issue solved. I am now a happy camper!

Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X