This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sure Bet

Rick, been adding command lines to programming of Omni Pro II and I know previously you had mentioned it was not too nice to your plugin. Think I have only about 20 lines or so entered.

So I am seeing a lot of:

Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.

I can accept this as an after effect from running command lines in the OmniPro II.

Is there a way to disable the logging of this entity?

On another note (and I have asked this before but was just wondering) will you be doing anything to your plugin so that the time of the Omni Pro panel can be accessed and synced to HS?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

The program lines do not hurt the plug-in. The biggest thing hurting the plug-in are the II series panels as I have absolutely no issues with the original panels - have to figure out what is going on with them.

The message you are getting is NOT OK, and I would not turn it off. That message means that synchronization with the panel has been lost. Either you are using an older version of the plug-in, or you have a bigger problem. Event actions will not run and triggers will be missed when you get these messages. If you have the latest version of the plug-in, then it shows CheckSum errors when reading the sensor data, and so it does not completely fall out of sync with the panel, the panel just tells it "slow down, slow down, I can't do that much"... and often the sensor data is retrieved on the next or a subsequent request. The checksum error is the one I am likely to turn off, but not the one you are getting.

The reason this started happening is that the HAI firmware takes care of the HAI first, and the PIC chip they are using is not the fastest lot in the bunch. Thus, the first priority is to check the alarm conditions, the communicator (phone line), and then process each line of programming, and THEN handle any Omni-Link messages. Pro-Link, which is the weaker of the two 3rd party protocols, actually works BETTER because Pro-Link is nothing but messages sent back and forth using PROGRAM lines in the panel. There is a certain time allocated for that loop of processing, and if the panel does not get everything done in that time, then guess what loses? Yep - Omni-Link. Nothing I can do about it.

The only thing preventing me from setting the time on the Omni is a promise I made to Jay at HAI that I would not write config info to the panel, but I think they have a separate command to do that, so perhaps I will look at that and add it to the todo list. No immediate ETA right now though.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Rich. I have only noticed message (after paying attention to logs) about once in the last few days. It just happened when I had added a bunch of lines of code. A time sync would be great!!
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X