X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Automation Questions

Hi, I have some questions for the OmniPro II:

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O></O>
    • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">What kind of cable should I run for RS232 or RS 485 (bulk wire, I will add connectors later) for <O></O><LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">How do I prepare for the video camera integration I understand you are coming out with. <O></O>
      • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1">How many cameras will be supported?<O></O> <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1">Ran 18-2 power with Coaxial plus Cat5e for the cameras so I have choice between cameras. Is this correct approach<O></O> <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1">How will it integrate to OmniProII<O></O>
      • When is it available<O></O>

<LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">What other of Audio receivers integrate with OmniPro (( so that the keypad can control the audio functions. <O></O>
      • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1">I know of Nuvo (http://www.nuvotechnologies.com/essentia.htm ) and Russound (http://www.russound.com/cav6.6.htm ) and which works better?<O></O> <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1">Are there any CD players that will work well with this<O></O>
      • Any MP3 Players that integrate well with the audio so you can see what the song is, etc?<O></O>

<LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">What is a good approach for the doorbell and video camera at the front door to see who is there and buzz them in (How do I wire electric latch)?<O></O> <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">
    • Do you have a forum for posting questions?<O></O>
    Last edited by ; December 7, 2005, 04:48 PM.

Hmmm. The board got cranky the first time I tried to answer. Let's see what happens this time. Answers embedded.

What kind of cable should I run for RS232 or RS 485 (bulk wire, I will add connectors later) CAT5
    How do I prepare for the video camera integration I understand you are coming out with.
    How many cameras will be supported?No clue
    Ran 18-2 power with Coaxial plus Cat5e for the cameras so I have choice between cameras. Is this correct approachYes
    How will it integrate to OmniProIINo clue
    When is it available No clue
    What other of Audio receivers integrate with OmniPro (( so that the keypad can control the audio functions
    I know of Nuvo and Russound and which works better? I have had poor luck with earlier Nuvo equipment. The Essentia may or may not be better than previous models. The Russound has a very good rep in the integrator community.
    Are there any CD players that will work well with this My integration business has been on the sidelines for the past year because of some family problems, so I don't know what is available currently.
    Any MP3 Players that integrate well with the audio so you can see what the song is, etc? Ditto as above. A lot of installers use the Russound media server for both CDs and MP3s, as it is closely integrated with the CAV unit. Of course, if you use Homeseer, you can let it do all the work. There was a plugin for the CAV floating around last time I checked.
    What is a good approach for the doorbell and video camera at the front door to see who is there and buzz them in (How do I wire electric latch)? It's very easy. Just one wire pair for the latch.
    No clue. HAI is based in New Orleans, and got wumped by Katrina, so a lot of deadlines went to pot. Of course, since I switched over to installing the Elk line, I haven't paid close attention to HAI.
    Do you have a forum for posting questions? ?????? This is the forum for the Homeseer HAI plugin. If you're looking for a forum about the HAI panels themselves run by HAI , there really isn't one available. HAI really doesn't support DIY installations, so all the information is inside the password controlled dealer site. The best two open resources available to DIYers is the HAI mailing list at http://www.tssi.com (hit the "HA" link on the right hand side to sign up) and the Worthington Solutions forum at http://www.worthingtonsolutions.com. The Worthington site is also oriented toward professional installers, but they are pretty tolerant of DIY questions
    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Always run CAT5<O
      • I have been using the CAT5 version of the OnQ camera system; Run those into a H'Paugh 150, and then you have the option of seeing the signal via HS, Cinemar or the Omni
      • <OI like both NuVo and Russound; The latest NuVo works very well, it tightly integrates and now has about 4 receiver options, including dual XM. A typical install is about $1,000 less than the same system in Russound. Russound is also top shelf, and with that you get the ability to stream video to touchpads. It will depend on what you want to spend.
      • any player will work, but I would consider hard disk storage of your CD's
      • Check out Media Center 11 by JRiver - works great with the NuVo or Russound
      • Check out the New HAI exterior Keypad. The latch is also controlled by HAI, which you can then control via HomeSeer or Cinemar. As for alerting and mute functions when the bell rings, NuVo does that; just plug it in.
      • HAI console is out now, but the cost is about $850
      Hope this helps!!

Comment

Working...
      X