This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to download HAI Panel Plugin v1.0.0.66

After replacing a failed OMNI II board I am trying to download v1.0.0.66 of the HAI Panel plugin and keep getting the following:

: Reading actions
    : Will update HAI Panel plugin
    : Retrieving file: hspi_hai.zip
    : Error accessing server: -2146697210
    : Updates aborted

Is v1.0.0.66 still available? I'm running HS1.7 and its a long story why I need to reinstall the HAI Panel Plugin

Ah.... Oops...

My fault - a little bit ago I was cleaning out some old files from the server, and the date on the HAI package was quite old so I am sure I nuked it.

Anyway, it did point out that I have been negligent in updating those packages on the 1.x updater - I often forget which packages are suitable for both updaters.

I have resolved this by updating the package to the latest version, which has been run by several people under HomeSeer 2.0. I have not done anything to the plug-in to make it specific to 2.0 so I do not expect any problems with it, but please let me know if you experience any.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply. If I may, a little history.

Without realizing that the beta panel plugin was HS 2 specific I had upgraded about a month ago. It ran very well under HS1.7 except I would get an error message in the log during start-up stating that I was running the plugin on an HS version older than 2.0. Other than that, all was well.

An interesting (and somewhat frustrating) side note. When my panel went bad, HS would hang at the point where the panel plugin was trying to establish communication with the panel. HS was inaccessible although it would show as running. I only noticed it when checking the ah.log file. Not sure if this is an HS or a panel plugin issue but would assume that HS would report the error in the log and then keep loading. Unfortunately it just hung at that point. I would guess this error could be duplicated simply by disconnecting the serial cable to the panel and restarting HS.

I was requesting v1.0.0.6 since re-installing v2 of the plugin gave me at least 3 instances of every device, none of which were active. I will uninstall every panel plugin file and try re-installing v2. Hopefully this will get me back on track.

Thanks,

Comment

Any update on this? I cannot run HAI Panel Plugin v2.0.0.17 without the same problem as described in this post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...nerated+errors
        I've opened a ticket for this and haven't seen a solution. All I need is the older version of the plugin if its still available anywhere. Since I'm running HS1.7 and don't plan to update to HS2.x for awhile I just want the old plugin back.

Today my HAIPlugin.log file hit 5Gb and HS crashed. Couldn't see what was in the log file since no application would open the file of that size so I had to delete it.

Anyone have v1x of the HAI Panel plugin around anywhere?

Thanks,

Comment

If you are still running HS 1.7 use the plugin attached. For me, it's been super rock solid. No CRC errors, no re-connects. Is missing some of the newer features (like auto device creation), but it just works.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi rirvine,

Thanks for the plugin!!! It'll be nice having my security system back on line without HS crashing.

Rick

Comment

Rick,

You did not state whether the latest version of the plug-in worked or not. I would like to know your helpdesk ticket number because I get all of the HAI tickets, and do not recall seeing one.

The latest version of the plug-in that is in the updater (1.7 updater as well) is in use by other 1.7 users and it works fine.

It probably works fine on Ross' system as well if he gives it a try.... I know he REALLY likes that 1.0.0.66 version he keeps hanging on to.
              Regards,

Comment

Hi Tink,

No luck with the latest version - same exact problem. As I mentioned above the problem is exactly like what is stated in the above post re: ADIOcelot. I tried two paths to identify the problem: 1) removed plugins one at a time until problem went away then 2) removed all plugins and added each one, one at a time. Both times the problem started with the HAI Panel Plugin.

The Call ID: is 7698 and was being handled by Greg who said he would pass it to you as the resident HAI expert (lucky you). I have the version rirvine sent working well although I had to rework all of my house codes - not a big problem. My system reloads at 3:00 AM everyday and I get a "WARNING: Your configuration INI file has been changed to hspi_HAI.ini" but doesn't seem to cause a problem.

In case you want to dig into it a little more I'm running the following plugins: MLHSPlugin (2.0.0.17), WAFAB8SS (1.2.0), HAI RC Thermostat (?), AVS8X8 (?), ADIOcelot (1.8.5) and HAI_System.

Probably the oddest part was the run-away HAIPlugin.log file to 5gb.

Thanks,
                Rick

Comment

All of which is tied to a single event - somehow, after converting to the new INI file in one version, an entry in the old INI data in SETTINGS.INI made it think that it had not converted to the new INI file. Thus, your communications setting was ignored (5GB log file): Thus, your devices being re-created: Thus, your receiving the warning about the INI file being converted over and over again. Something is preventing the conversion to the new INI file from happening and causing all of these problems.
                  Regards,

Comment

Sure, easy for you to say Sounds like a case of dueling INI's!!! Thanks for the ticket reply via email. Between this post and that email I should be able to get back to goodness.

Thanks,
                    Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X