This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Not Starting

When I start up Homeseer I get this error message.

HAI System - About to initialize HAI System on COM1
    HAI System - HAI Error: Failed to initialize HAI COM1 port. (Security Init)
    Error - Initializing interface: HAI_System->Failed to initialize HAI COM1 port. (Security Init)
    Info - Finished initializing plug-in HAI_System

Any Ideas?

Thanks Josh

Only the obvious, is your system connected to com port 1?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yep connected to com 1

Comment

Can you connect to the device using HyperTerminal on com port#1?

Comment

Rupp,

You cannot talk to an HAI system with Hyperterminal - it is a binary connection.

Josh....
          • Make sure you can connect to the panel using HAI's PC Access program on the same COM port. That will make sure that the COM port is configured for the right baud rate, that you have the right serial cable, and more importantly, that the port in the HAI system is configured for Omni-Link, NOT Pro-Link.
          • Go to the HAI configuration page and make sure you have entered a proper panel security code - it must be the master code, the PC Access code, or an installer code.

I won't list any other ideas because it sounds like basic physical connectivity is not there - once that is working, I am sure it will connect up properly.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
            I thought he could just see if any data was "spewed" to hyperterminal.

Comment

Ok here I am with it. This is what I have done so far. There is only one com port on the back of the comptuer and there is only one com port listed in the hardware manager, Com 1. I decided to uninstall Homeseer 2.1 and start over. I uninstall, delete folder. I then reinstall. Everything is working great. I then go to updater to pull the HAI plugin. I pull the HAI plugin ver. 2.0.0.18. It downloads fine and come through fine. I then restart Homeseer. Program starts up no errors. I go in and enable the plugin and set the com to 1 and put in the master code and select omni lt. I then enter in the zone which is 8 and then put in 1 thermostat and one user code. click save. It then has this for a log

7/15/2006 8:36:45 PM - HAI System - Opening COM port and resuming normal operation after processing events from the panel... Please wait.
              7/15/2006 8:36:45 PM - HAI System - Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.
              7/15/2006 8:36:45 PM - HAI System - Getting panel configuration information.
              7/15/2006 8:36:47 PM - HAI System - Starting House Code is A
              7/15/2006 8:36:47 PM - HAI System - House Code Extended (A): Leviton Extended Code
              7/15/2006 8:36:47 PM - HAI System - Security code is number 1, which has a level of Master
              7/15/2006 8:36:47 PM - HAI System - Current battery reading: 0
              7/15/2006 8:36:47 PM - HAI System - Getting message text.
              7/15/2006 8:36:48 PM - HAI System - Checking special devices, creating any that need to be created....
              7/15/2006 8:36:48 PM - HAI System - --- Starting global update of system at: 8:36:48 PM
              7/15/2006 8:36:48 PM - HAI System - --- DONE with global update of system at: 8:36:48 PM
              7/15/2006 8:36:48 PM - HAI System - --- Elapsed time: 0 seconds.
              7/15/2006 8:36:48 PM - HAI System - All HAI Items and Units are Up-To-Date. Triggers and Conditions are now active.

I can arm and disarm the system but it gives me this error message in the log.

7/15/2006 8:38:19 PM - HAI System - Security BuildZonePage Error 9, Subscript out of range on line 420

So I try to update to the beta one and I go into updater and select the HAI plug in ver. 2.1.2328.16018 and it installs and I restart homeseer. The only error I get in the log is

7/15/2006 8:41:24 PM - HAI System - Could not communicate with the panel. Check your COM and panel code settings.

I check the com and panel code again and reenter them and restart homeseer. I get the same error. I though it might be the upgrade so I did the uninstall of homeseer again and tried to go just to the 2.1 plug in but it gives me the could not communicate. So I uninstall again and go back to the 2.0 and it works but still has that error code I posted above with the 2.0.

Any ideas on this. I know that it is connected to the correct com port such that there is only one. I can get communication out of it with 2.0 but not with 2.1. Any help would be appericated. Thanks in advance Josh

Comment

The BuildZonePage error is usually caused by there not being any zones defined for use with the plug-in, which is something that nobody's system should ever have. Either that or you define a low number, such as 4 zones, and those are all eliminated as being Fire zones or Thermostat zones.

Now if you have more than one zone defined for use, then it could be the issue of the reading not coming from the right INI file. What happens is that I tried to support moving the INI entries from the HomeSeer SETTINGS.INI file to the new hspi_HAI.INI file in an automated fashion, but it backfired on me. The beta plug-in ONLY reads from hspi_HAI.ini, but the other one, well, it is a long story. I would go to SETTINGS.INI and if you have an hspi_HAI SECTION in it, then delete it, and then edit hspi_HAI.ini to have your correct panel code and COM port number, and restart.

Also, I have not looked at the code that allows you to go online/offline with the serial port and the plug-in in the beta version - it may not be working correctly, so don't use that in the beta until you know you have everything else working properly, else it can cause an additional problem to one you are trying to diagnose, and that can only further confuse things.

I will put out another beta shortly after I check some things on that BuildZonePage procedure to see if I can make it error-proof.
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I am having trouble with the HAI Plugin. I have the Omnipro II and Hometroller.

Some facts: I know the serial connection was working because the HAI plugin did work and I was able to arm/disarm alarm. I finished setting up other features and for some reason HAI is not working.

I started getting the " Security BuildZonePage Error 9, Subscript out of range on line 420" error. I have set zones to 15. In the plugin it said "Interface ok". I could not see any of the HAI info in the plugin like zone names etc.. and no ability to enter info or get it from the panel either.

What is so confusing is that it did work and I have not changed anything. The com port is correct, the code is correct. Baud rate is 9600.

I have now updated the driver to the latest beta HAI driver. Now the interface seems worse. Before I could at least see the various arming mode selections under the HAI security tab. Now is says "the plug in is not yet up to date with the panel.. please wait.. " but nothing happens. Also, on the "Interface" page it says status is "unknown response". It used to say "ok".

Can someone please help?

Is there a way to just start over? Delete all HAI items and start again?

Or any other advice? Can I go back to the other driver?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X