This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Froze my temp sensors

First off, thanks to Jayhawk & Rick. I had the same problem with Homeseer assigning one temp sensor twice. You guys were right, I had transposed an aux sensor for a temp sensor in the HAI PCAccess setup. Problem solved!!!

OK I got bored over the weekend & started from scratch with HS 2.1 & the old HAI plug-in. Sorry, but at least I'm in the right forum now. Found a new twist on the old above temp sensor issue. My Humidity & Temp sensors are zones 14 & 15. Homeseer has created Zone 014 & Zone 015 with codes ]14 & ]15. These are non-functional. At the bottom of the list it has also created Temp/Humidity sensor 014 & 015, codes ]75 & ]76, which do work. The difference is that last time the house code was different & the unit code correct. This time the house code is the same & the unit code different.
    Also all my temp sensors have been re-created here (I have 4) where only the mis-labeled zone had been doubled before.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Last edited by Pnord; August 28, 2006, 06:06 AM.

Paul,

If you get the interface up and running before you have assigned names to the various zones, units, etc. then the plug-in will create the devices using the default names, which is what you see has happened.

This is not difficult to rectify at all - first make sure that all of your zones, units, buttons, etc. have names that you want them to have using the Names configuration functionality found off of the main configuration page. You can download the names from your HAI panel to give you a start, and then expand upon the names (go beyond their 12-16 character limits) and put more meaningful names with the widgets. Now, go to each location in HomeSeer that has HAI devices and delete them all. The easiest way is to check the box at the top of the page that selects all of the devices and then choose the multi-device option at the bottom to delete the selected device(s). Once you have all of the devices deleted, you can then re-create the devices by restarting HomeSeer.

The other option if you are able to determine which of the devices is the correct one in the case of more than one device representing the same zone, same unit, etc. is to just delete the one that is NOT active, and then rename the active one to be what you want it to be.

When devices are created by the plug-in, they use the name you provide, and then the location is set based upon the type of device it is creating. Once that is done, you are free to change the location or name (or both) of the device and the plug-in will continue to find it so that it does not re-create it. There is no way for you to manually create the device however - it must be created by the plug-in so that the plug-in can find it.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks Rick,
      I finally got back to it this weekend and it was as simple as deleting and recreating the zones. They're up and running now.
      Thanks again
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X