Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Device value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device value

First, I must say the latest beta has eliminated the checksum errors in the log completely. It is very stable and seems more responsive to commands. Nice work..

Now, what I am having an issue with is light values in HS.

What I really want is a light device to read 0 to 100 -- nothing else.

I understand the plugin just populates based on what HAI reports but my needs are that I am pushing these variables into Main Lobby and for my scenes to work right, I need them in that format.

I am setting up ligthing buttons in main lobby and they work on a 0 - 100 scale. the 0, 1, 101, etc. readings are causing grief in my scenes. I sometimes see 1 for on, then values like 101 - 200. To me, it makes much more sense to:

a) for a dimmable light, 0 - 100
    b) for a non-dimmable light, 0 or 100.

I understand this isn't really the function of this plugin but is there some vb script or some method to map values to device values so that I can accomplish this task? Given I have about 100+ units, I don't want to setup a script fo each one - maybe there is a generic vb script that can filter the raw HAI data and convert it in HS to my needs? Then, the MLHS plugin can pass that filtered value to ML.

Thanks,
Working...
X