This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in occasionally loosing its mind.

Running HS 2.1.102 and the latest Beta HAI Plug-in.

Over time, after days or hours of a restart of HS, the HAI plug-in seems to loose its mind and report zones becoming "not ready" that are secure. It occurs all at once to many, and triggers based on these zones all trip. It occurs in spurts.

When I shutdown HS, I get these following errors. I'm not sure if the HS errors are related to the HAI errors.

12/15/2006 10:42:16 PM ~!~HAI System~!~HAI Plug-In Shutting Down, Port Closed, Goodbye.
    12/15/2006 10:42:16 PM ~!~HAI System Error~!~Starting send/receive thread, exception: This property has already been set and cannot be modified.
    12/15/2006 10:42:16 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Shutting down plug-in: UPB
    12/15/2006 10:42:18 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Finished shutting down all I-O/Generic plug-ins.
    12/15/2006 10:42:18 PM ~!~Database~!~Saving Devices...
    12/15/2006 10:42:20 PM ~!~Database~!~Processed: 100 devices...
    12/15/2006 10:42:20 PM ~!~Database~!~Processed: 200 devices...
    12/15/2006 10:42:20 PM ~!~Database~!~Processed: 300 devices...
    12/15/2006 10:42:20 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished: 309 devices, applying device changes to database...
    12/15/2006 10:42:20 PM ~!~HAI System Error~!~Starting send/receive thread, exception: This property has already been set and cannot be modified.
    12/15/2006 10:42:21 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished applying device changes to the database.
    12/15/2006 10:42:21 PM ~!~Database~!~Saving Events...
    12/15/2006 10:42:22 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Event condition row enumeration for deletes failed: (5940) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/15/2006 10:42:22 PM ~!~Database~!~Error: EventConditions update loop error (6320) 91, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/15/2006 10:42:22 PM ~!~Database Item~!~Event condition row enumeration for deletes failed: (5940) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/15/2006 10:42:22 PM ~!~Database~!~Error: EventConditions update loop error (6320) 91, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/15/2006 10:42:22 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished: 30 events, applying changes to the database...
    12/15/2006 10:42:22 PM ~!~Database~!~Updating Events
    12/15/2006 10:42:24 PM ~!~Database~!~Updating Event Actions
    12/15/2006 10:42:24 PM ~!~Database~!~Updating Event Conditions
    12/15/2006 10:42:24 PM ~!~HAI System Error~!~Starting send/receive thread, exception: This property has already been set and cannot be modified.

I too am getting these mystery zone trips and it is driving me nuts!

I *thought* I wasn't getting them with 2.0.0.19..... but once I set up a small script to write an error message to the log file once a zone was triggered, I found that I get them more often than I thought.

Like you, they come in groups (usually four zones simaltaneously).

The current beta is completely unusable as the zones trip every few minutes.

I might start a thread to see how many others have this issue.

I have a feeling it is quite a few.... for if they do not have a trigger set for one of the zones that randomly change state from secured to unsecured and back again, they would be unaware.

As an aside, I *never* had this problem when running HS 1.7 with HAI plugin 1.0.0.66.....

Comment

For me this problem seems to be related to the polling interval. If you poll the panel with too many units at once or if you poll too often, the plug-in looses its mind and mystery opening doors and windows occur. For me, I seem to generally get the same doors and windows opening. I have a script which runs when any door or window is open, and it speaks that fact through the house, so I DO know when it occurs.

There are two or three ini settings which control how often the plugin polls, and how many units at a time it polls. You will want to play with these based on a few factors: How many programming lines do you have? How many Zones do you have? Which panel model do you have? If you post those answers, I could suggest some setting for you to start with.

Coincidently, my panel is currently at HAI today being checked out. I had another problem with a OmniPro II since I got it where Unit Flags would just change states just randomly. They called this morning and said it might be a corrupted program, but I don't believe it. I called them a few weeks ago and they told me to reset the RAM, and re-enter the program from scratch, which I did, but same problem.

Comment

I've been working with Rick on this and he posted a new Beta yesterday (2.1.2693.16829) which I installed.

All was working great.... but I think I got cocky and decided to stress test it.

So.... I lowered PollingInterval to 250ms and increase Poll_z from default 8 in the new plugin to 10. Rick was opining that one of my problems might be expansion zones [I have a single expansion board installed in my panel] getting reported to basic zones as per Rick, HAI has a problem with keeping track of which poll events go to which zone at times.

Anyways.... everything ran perfectly for about 13 hours.... and then the false zone state change problems started (again in groups of four simultaneously) and I also lost communication to the panel.

I restarted this morning with Poll_z=8 (the new default) and Interval at default (I assume it is 500ms) and we'll see what happens.

Did increasing the polling interval solve your false reports?

Comment

Unfortunately, it wasn't always clear-cut what fixed what.

Most important, how many lines of HAI code are you running on the panel? 100, 500, 1500? If you can reduce some, that is good.

Second, don't think that Poll_z being less is always better. I have 48 zones and 24 works best for me. It sounds like you have 32. I'd try 32 if you don't have many HAI lines (<100) Otherwise, I might try 16.

Polling interval, again, that depends on how many HAI lines you have. Remember, the processor in the panel is going to service itself before it does an external connection. And security functions always override programming.

Comment

I don't have any code on the panel at all.... and am running 25 zones.

I'm *praying* that upping the polling interval will solve this problem.

As an aside, my .ini files show shows 176 zones... even though I set it to 25 in setup and only 25 zone devices appear in HS.

Same true for units.

Is this normal?

I've attached the file for reference.

Thanks,

Paul
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it normal to have a listing for all zones and all units. I notice that you have some flag names defined but you say you don't have any code, so that might be a bit weird. Also, I would clear out that Zone 48 name if you are not using that.

With no lines, I would try a Poll_z = 26 and and an interval of 300 ms.

Comment

Yes... I had code on the panel back before I had HS (I was using HAL2000 then) but had wiped it out. I think those are left-behind flags.

I guess I should kill them for good housekeeping...

Right now with Poll_z=8 and 500ms I've not had any problems in 6 hours.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

32 hours now without one mystery zone tripping!

This is running Poll_z=8 and the default of 500ms polling.

I think I'll let it go a week and then try lowering the polling to 400ms and see how it does.

Comment

Have run the new beta for 24 hrs with pollling at 250; no false zones reporting. I have no code in the panel.

Comment

Working...
                    X