This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have this problem?

O.K. I used to have a Omni II and HomeSeer and both worked great together. I upgraded my Omni II to an OmniPro II and its been problems.

I have about 100 lines of code running on the OmniPro and interface it to HomeSeer. My problem is, many timers on the OmniPro seem to fail when HomeSeer is connected to the Omni.

Lets say I need something to occur a minute after something else on the OmniPro. I will set a Unit to be ON for 60 seconds. If I go to PC Access and monitor it, I'll see it count down 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, and then switch to ON. (This is an example, its usually random.) If I do the same WITHOUT HomeSeer connected, it works fine.

It got so bad that I sent the board back to HAI for repair. They checked it out, replaced all the memory, upgraded the FW to 2.14, but I still see the problem. Other HAI programming seems to run O.K. but timers are unreliable.

Anyone else see this?

Originally posted by anogee View Post

Lets say I need something to occur a minute after something else on the OmniPro. I will set a Unit to be ON for 60 seconds. If I go to PC Access and monitor it, I'll see it count down 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, and then switch to ON. (This is an example, its usually random.) If I do the same WITHOUT HomeSeer connected, it works fine.

Other HAI programming seems to run O.K. but timers are unreliable.

Anyone else see this?
    I don't understand that. Set a unit to be on for 60, the unit turns on, counts to to zero (when it'll turn off) but turn ON after it counts down?

Ross.

Comment

I'm describing what I see in PC Access. If you set a UNIT to ON for 60 seconds, the UNIT will turn ON and you'll see a countdown displayed. Mine turns ON and a see a countdown, the the countdown doesn't finish, it quits in the middle, and the UNIT never goes off. Basically, it just stays on.

Comment

Ok, I understand now, after the coundown stops (before it hits zero) the unit doesn't "switch to on" but "stays on".

Is it any unit? Have you tried non x10 units? Are you running 3 phase?

This can happen if the Omni gets an "ON" command for that Unit during the countdown. The omni will cancel the countdown and stay "on".

If it's an X10 unit code, do you see Homeseer send the ON command over X10? Eg. "Loopback" the command? Homeseer may be seeing the Unit turn on and is sending the X10 command to turn it on.
        Or the HAI plugin may be seeing the Unit Turn on and sending it back to the panel again as an ON command which would also stop the counter and make it stay on.

Since having homeseer disconnected, sounds like this is the problem. Check the log for other X10 commands.

Hope this helps.

Ross.

Comment

Anogee, Did you work it out?

Comment

No, but I guess I mostly worked around it. By the way, I typically only use a timer on non-X10 (UPB in my case) devices. (Called Flags in HAI-speak.)

I had used the timer so that when I went to AWAY, VACATION, or OFF, than I would wait 60 seconds before sending call forwarding commands, the reason being that the panel has to dial the monitoring company during these changes, so I wanted to wait until after that before using the phone.

What I did is to just ignore that. Do the call forwarding immediately. It turns out that the panel is smart enough to wait until after the monitor call before doing the call forward string, so I didn't need the timer afterall.

Recently I had a good conversation with Rick about how the plug-in works, and so I understand better how to control what the plug-in monitors, but I haven't had the chance to modify what I monitor.

Comment

You didn't say it was a flag from the start otherwise I wouldn't have even gone down that path.
              My money is still on the plugin "looping" back the command.
              Turn on debuging all the comms between the plugin and the panel, then do your test and post it. I'll have a look through to see if there is anything not right.

Ross.

Comment

I will do that. Thanks. Something weird is happening here.
                When I get a chance, I'm going to streamline just what data the plug-in gathers from the panel. I really only need Zone and System status, otherwise I keep programs on the HAI independent from those running on HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
                X