This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ross,

I turned comms logging off last week. I happen to catch this on the HVAC link, I have only seen it a couple of times.

Pete
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah... I think there's something seriously wrong with the way the plugin is working with thermostats at the moment. Just seems to be randomly doing strange stuff.

Comment

No response to open ticket yet .....2 days...
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Same issues here. I have two HAI RC-80s and the setpoints randomly jump up to 79 degrees every now and then. The other thing I've noticed is that if I stand in front of the thermostat and manually change the setpoint I appear to be fighting with a remote signal telling it to be at a different setpoint. As i push the up button the "remote" indicator goes away and my setpoint takes but within about 1/2 second the "remote" indicator is back on and the setpoint is much lower than where I set it.

This problem really complicates matters for me because this is located in a mountain house that we rent out on the weekends. You can imagine the confusion on the renters part when they are fighting with the thermostat to get a setpoint.

I've rolled back the HAI plugin to 2.0.0.19. I don't remember having these problems with that version.

Pat

Comment

Pat, let us know if rolling back to V2.0.0.19 helps.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

At this time setting the high limit on the thermostat has temporarily solved the issue. I am also saving on my heating bills by keeping the uppper limit to 72.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

After having rolled back to earlier version I haven't seen any of the random changes to the setpoint sent from the controller. I haven't actually been to the house so I'm not sure how it responds when standing in front of the t-stat and making manual changes.

Pat

Comment

So it looks like the beta version has a "glitch". I don't recall all of the advantages of the beta over the production version of the plugin but this one glitch causes very low WAF. I understand that all of the beta features cannot be tested at the same time and sometimes it takes some time for bugs to crop up. None the less these bugs should be addressed and not swept under the rug which I believe is occuring right now.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Interesting thing happened Christmas day. I had family over and was asked to turn down the thermostat. It was too warm at 72 in the house. I went to the thermostat and set it to 68. I sat and watched it a bit and it set itself back to 72 (as the remote icon kept flashing).
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Tell the HAI plugin to ignore the Thermostat until it's fixed, otherwise it'll keep doing strange things.

Comment

So far rolling back to the previous version seems to have done the trick for me. No more random changes and no problems standing in front of the stat making manual changes and having them revert to a random setting. I'm sticking with the older version until I'm certain the problems are resolved.

Pat

Comment

Pat, thinking of going back to previous version more seriously now in that a similiar to HAI thermostat thing happened with my alarm a couple of days ago. It caused some issues....
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

My setup is pretty simple and mostly revolves around temperature (2 T-stats for heating, hot tub, outside air). I don't have any alarm set up on the house.

After having rolled-back I've had no problems at all. My t-stats have worked as expected (as opposed to before where they would randomly change setpoints).

Pat

Comment

Working...
                            X