Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Some new products from HAI being released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new products from HAI being released

Have a look at the new product guide here:
    http://www.homeauto.com/Downloads/Ma...duct_Guide.pdf

Three things stand out, More Serial ports (5) on the OmniIIe and ProII, new Thermostats (look totally different to the existing RC series) and the big one.... New Omni Panels now have flash roms, so you can upgrade the firmware via the flash and don't have to replace the ROM chips. Will done HAI, that's only something they should have done about 10 years ago... Who replaces rom chips anymore.. gurrr...

Edit: More Massive News!
    I just contacted the guy I was working with ages ago that does the firmware for the Omni panels. I asked him if they had replaced the ethernet chip on the panels (that can lose packets). Unfortunately, the answer was no. BUT, he has almost finished a new stateless Omni protocol that is NON POLLING and using TCP instead if UDP.
    For those that don't know, to find out if anything has changed in the omni, you have to keep asking "What's changed since I last talked to you". This basically means that if you are polling the panel once a second for changes, you may have to wait up to 1 second to know if anything has changed.
    Finally a non polling way to get changes from the Omni. This means you will know about changes much quicker than having to continually poll the panel.
    New protocol should be in firmware 2.16. I'm trying to get some doco out of them to see if the protocol is much better than the old one, or just broken in different ways!

Ross.
    Last edited by rirvine; January 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM.

wow, i really like the omnistat-2, looks nice and lots of bells and whistles.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Looks a little odd to me but maybe the look will grow on me. I've never seen a tstat with a knob let alone such a large one. The customizable back light is neat and that fact that it comes on as you approach is also a neat option. Graphing the usage is real neat. I guess it's time to get the HAI tstat plugin updated. I wonder what the price on this one is estimated to be?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Great news Ross! For a successful company like HAI to migrate from a proven (worked for them) legacy methodology to something more modern involved much in resources and time. These changes will make their product much more competive in the ever increasing playing field of home automation. I personally like the new thermostat. A nice blend of retro and modern technology. (and a higher WAF). I will update my "stuff" as soon as I can (cutting edge slows down a bit with my age - I do move a bit slower than I did 10 years ago).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Is the Omnistat comm protocol changing too, and will the thermostat plug-in require changes (or a rewrite) to support the new stats and features?

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe View Post
            Is the Omnistat comm protocol changing too, and will the thermostat plug-in require changes (or a rewrite) to support the new stats and features?
            At the moment, I don't know. I'm waiting for some updated protocol information from HAI, but I don't know when that'll happen (as that haven't written the external documentation yet).
            But I doubt it'll change. More functionality might be added but I assume they'll just build on the existing base they have. However, this is only my guess.

Ross.

Comment

Z-Wave?

Any idea of whether this new thermostat will support Z-Wave? Seems Zigbee is the only one it is handling now...

Comment

Originally posted by pogle View Post
                Any idea of whether this new thermostat will support Z-Wave? Seems Zigbee is the only one it is handling now...
                Here's HAI's Z-Wave tstat
                http://www.homecontrols.com/cgi-bin/...2-Heat-Backlit
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

RC-2000 Omnistat2 Multistage

Hi Rupp,

Yes I was set on the Omnistat Z thermostat until I saw the announcement and this thread talking about the Omnistat2, which is being introduced this quarter. It has a lot of desirable features, however only seems to support the Zigbee interface at present. My post below was inquiring if there is any rumor of a Z-wave version on the horizon.

I had purchased an RCS Zwave Thermo, but it requires splicing into the existing tstat wiring, vs the Omnistat Z which seems to be self-contained, and thus a much simpler install, with fewer "pieces"...

Comment

Working...
                  X