This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbreeden View Post
    I know that the new HS3 plugin will only work with an Ethernet Omni panel but can you convert the Serial port on an old Omni II to ethernet to work with the plugin. I do not want to upgrade my panel just to go to HS3

Thanks

Mike
    I don't believe you can without changing the entire panel. Maybe others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Mike

Here I am still using Homeseer 2 / Serial HAI plugin concurrently with the new HS3 network plugin.

The above said you can configure the HS2 and HS3 to talk to each other via Jon00's script / application.

The last version of the serial plugin is working well these days and would be fine with your older panel as it was written in the early 2000's.

You can also DIY a simple serial plugin and integrate to HS3. Search over on CT. Someone did write an Arduino Sketch for serial connectivity to the HAI serial port. You could tweak it and use one of those tiny Arduino boards and DIY an interface to HS3.

Here I installed a TP-Link microrouter with two NICs, 802.XX and serial ports on it. I have tested the serial port to HAI panel pieces sending and receiving commands from the panel. Works fine. Only thing is that the Microrouter doesn't have enough stuff for running much and only runs at 400Mhz. I was able to create a very simple single page web interface that talked to the serial port on the panel and it worked fine. You can also configure it to do status polling the serial port for simple stuff (alarm triggers).

Or as Rob mentions you can just upgrade your Leviton OPII panel. Thinking the LTE panel would probably work for you.

The Omni LTe is a scaled down version of the popular OmniPro II and Omni IIe security & automation systems. The Omni LTe supports the following protocols and products: X-10, UPB, Omni-Bus, ZigBee, Vizia RF Z-Wave, Clipsal C-Bus, Dynalite, Coolmaster, KNX, HAI Hi-Fi, and HAI Hi-Fi 2. In addition to connections for security devices, thermostats, light switches, telephone and backup battery, the Omni IIe features five built-in serial ports for connection to additional control devices. The Omni LTe has an Ethernet port that allows connection to your home network. Use a tablet or smartphone inside or outside the home to turn on lights, turn down the TV volume, or adjust the temperature. The Omni LTe supports up to 32 zones of security, 4 thermostats, 4 rooms for lighting control (32 lights), and 4 access control readers.
      Compare Omni Systems
      Last edited by Pete; July 3, 2015, 01:14 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@Ray

I use HeidiSQL in Windows or Linux Wine. I also did get HAI PCA running in Wine just fine.

In Ubuntu Linux there is a whole bunch of applications that talk to mysql DB's. I have used both.

I like HeidiSQL mostly because I have been using it for a few years now in Wintel.

I am also running an HAI logger program which talks to the OPII logging all of its stuff to another mySQL db.

This program is currently running on my Homeseer 3 box in Ubuntu 14.04. Basically it just sends alerts, alarms and time sync information via email or whatever these days.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

temperature sensor

After I have wired in a new temp. sensor how do I program it in to homeseer? thankyou .

Comment

@Rob,

Welcome to the Homeseer forum.

Temperature stuff has not been incorporated yet in the new HS3 plugin.

It will be coming in the near future.

Meanwhile I am guessing you are playing with the current version of the HAI plugin.

Kick the tires and take it for spin. Let us know what you like or dislike about it.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
            X