Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HAI Omni Lt Serial Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAI Omni Lt Serial Adapter

I just spent a bit of time connecting an HAI OmniLt to a PC for PC access. I had to build the null modem cable/adapter and wanted to put the pinout info here since it was one of the sources I checked for the info but couldn't find it.

Looking at the RJ11 with the tab up and into the back where the wires go in... pin 1 on the left then 2,3,4.

RJ11------DB9
    Pin--------Pin
    1---------3 data transmit
    2---------2 data receive
    3---------1,4,6 [data] carrier detect, set ready, terminal ready
    4---------5 signal ground

On the DB9 pins 1,4,and 6 are shorted together (jumpered). Also pins 7 and 8 are shorted together. Pin 9 is not used.

The set up I ended up with is an AirLink 101 USB to serial adapter model AC-USBS; comes up as COM3. Plugged into this is a DB9 to RJ45 adapter wired as above using pins 3,4,5,6 on the RJ45 (the 4 center ones) to represent 1,2,3,4 on an RJ11. The house is prewired with cat5 which is why I used an RJ45 adapter. The data travels about 30-40 feet over cat5 to the Omni panel where an RJ11 is wired in. It works fine, just wanted to put the data out there in case anyone needed it.
Working...
X