Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HAI Status not displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAI Status not displaying

Hi, I organized (ripped up) my wiring wall this summer along with my wifes' kitchen remodel. I finally got most of it re-assembled. (her kitchen isn't done yet )
    When i turned HS back on it wouldn't show my HAI zone, stats, or unit status on the Homeseer status pages. All i see is Status "unknown" & Last change "Never set" right down the column.

I checked the com ports & fiddled with the settings & finally went back to a clean start. After re-installing homeseer & loading the updates I GOT THE SAME RESULT.

Just before beating the box with my fists, I noticed that the zones etc. are named & showing status just fine on their respective HAI pages (the orange HAI buttons at the top of the page) Why would they record status there & not on the device status page??

v 2.2.0.66 and HAI v2.0.0.19 latest & greatest freshly updated.

Thanks
    Paul

I see I'm not totally correct, the "HAI System" status page IS displaying status' correctly, the HAI stats,units & zones status pages are still showing nothing.
    Last edited by Pnord; August 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM. Reason: New info

Hope this makes things clearer, the lower page is both named and is showing status, the upper is not.
    Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pnord; September 1st, 2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Helloooooo out there

I think I got buried by the long weekend.
      Hey Tinker, any idea why data would show on one screen & not show up on another? I've deleted & re-created devices a couple times.
      Thanks
      Paul

Comment

Was there always a difference in the zone names between the status HAI zone status screeen and the homeseer status display?
        Eg: Garage Door L vs Zone 001.

Backup your config, then delete all the HAI devices and get the plugin to recreate them.

Ross.

Comment

Thanks for the response,
          y'know, I've deleted/re-created devices a few times.
          And yes, the names are being created correctly now.
          But status is hit-and-miss

After a few hours some zones, not many, will begin to display some status.
          I've had this plug-in for a couple years & it has been rock solid.
          As I mentioned, I had it un-hooked all summer. When it didn't work I first figured the problem
          what a comm or cable. Then when I noticed the status was being reported in one place and
          not another I got confused.
          I have futzed with it uncountable times & really thought I had it figured out.

Thanks again for the response, I'll report back.
          Paul
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pnord; September 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, I let it run overnight & there is no change this morning.
            Same deal, status shows on "HAI Security" page & not on status page.
            (above page looks identical this am)

Previously, 3 or 4 zones had shown a status & "last change" but the readings were not current.

Funny thing, I looked at the log & noticed that events based on zone status have been firing as they should. It would seem that everything is working except status display.

I think I'll unistall haipi this weekend & try again.
            Thanks
            Paul

Comment

Well I spent all weekend un-installing & re-installing both the plug-in and Homeseer itself.

It seemed I had taken a step backward in that I couldn't even get the zones named any more.

In exasperation I left all the boxes checked on the config create devices page, hit save & went to bed. (it takes some time to save all the devices & is boring to watch)

This morning I have a second set of 64 devices. The second set is both named & operating !!!!
              I also have a second set of thermostats, Also operating !!!!!

Beats me how or why. But it would seem I'm in business again.

Thanks
              Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

OK I was all happy & stuff and then I came home tonight.
                I noticed no HAI zones had reported after 11:34 am.
                I went to the log and found this;

9/8/2008 11:34:46 AM HAI System Checksum calc error: C4E1 and message has 93C1 for message type 5A
                I haven't deleted the redundant devices yet.
                Is this relevant ????
                HELP !!

Thanks
                Paul
                Last edited by Pnord; September 8th, 2008, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X