This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Status not displaying

Hi, I organized (ripped up) my wiring wall this summer along with my wifes' kitchen remodel. I finally got most of it re-assembled. (her kitchen isn't done yet )
    When i turned HS back on it wouldn't show my HAI zone, stats, or unit status on the Homeseer status pages. All i see is Status "unknown" & Last change "Never set" right down the column.

I checked the com ports & fiddled with the settings & finally went back to a clean start. After re-installing homeseer & loading the updates I GOT THE SAME RESULT.

Just before beating the box with my fists, I noticed that the zones etc. are named & showing status just fine on their respective HAI pages (the orange HAI buttons at the top of the page) Why would they record status there & not on the device status page??

v 2.2.0.66 and HAI v2.0.0.19 latest & greatest freshly updated.

Thanks
    Paul

I see I'm not totally correct, the "HAI System" status page IS displaying status' correctly, the HAI stats,units & zones status pages are still showing nothing.
    Last edited by Pnord; August 29, 2008, 06:49 PM. Reason: New info

Hope this makes things clearer, the lower page is both named and is showing status, the upper is not.
    Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pnord; September 1, 2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Helloooooo out there

I think I got buried by the long weekend.
      Hey Tinker, any idea why data would show on one screen & not show up on another? I've deleted & re-created devices a couple times.
      Thanks
      Paul

Comment

Was there always a difference in the zone names between the status HAI zone status screeen and the homeseer status display?
        Eg: Garage Door L vs Zone 001.

Backup your config, then delete all the HAI devices and get the plugin to recreate them.

Ross.

Comment

Thanks for the response,
          y'know, I've deleted/re-created devices a few times.
          And yes, the names are being created correctly now.
          But status is hit-and-miss

After a few hours some zones, not many, will begin to display some status.
          I've had this plug-in for a couple years & it has been rock solid.
          As I mentioned, I had it un-hooked all summer. When it didn't work I first figured the problem
          what a comm or cable. Then when I noticed the status was being reported in one place and
          not another I got confused.
          I have futzed with it uncountable times & really thought I had it figured out.

Thanks again for the response, I'll report back.
          Paul
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pnord; September 4, 2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, I let it run overnight & there is no change this morning.
            Same deal, status shows on "HAI Security" page & not on status page.
            (above page looks identical this am)

Previously, 3 or 4 zones had shown a status & "last change" but the readings were not current.

Funny thing, I looked at the log & noticed that events based on zone status have been firing as they should. It would seem that everything is working except status display.

I think I'll unistall haipi this weekend & try again.
            Thanks
            Paul

Comment

Well I spent all weekend un-installing & re-installing both the plug-in and Homeseer itself.

It seemed I had taken a step backward in that I couldn't even get the zones named any more.

In exasperation I left all the boxes checked on the config create devices page, hit save & went to bed. (it takes some time to save all the devices & is boring to watch)

This morning I have a second set of 64 devices. The second set is both named & operating !!!!
              I also have a second set of thermostats, Also operating !!!!!

Beats me how or why. But it would seem I'm in business again.

Thanks
              Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

OK I was all happy & stuff and then I came home tonight.
                I noticed no HAI zones had reported after 11:34 am.
                I went to the log and found this;

9/8/2008 11:34:46 AM HAI System Checksum calc error: C4E1 and message has 93C1 for message type 5A
                I haven't deleted the redundant devices yet.
                Is this relevant ????
                HELP !!

Thanks
                Paul
                Last edited by Pnord; September 8, 2008, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X