Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does HAI plugin keep changing house codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does HAI plugin keep changing house codes?

so I finally get the HAI plugin to interface to my panel and I go through the pain of manually labelling each zone for my status screen. Now, every time I restart Homeseer it recreates all the zones using a new house code and the default zone names.

For example, initially it created ]1 and called it "Zone 001". I changed the label to "Living Room Windows." Now when I restart Homeseer, I get a code of ^1 that is called "Zone 001" and all updates go to that zone now and not the one I created.

Please tell me I'm doing something stupidly wrong.

Sounds like HAI is asking HS for some available house/unit codes when it starts.

The ACRF plugin does just that.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

that can't be the way it works... it would be virtually useless then because I'd never be able to reboot because it would get a different set of codes each time.

Comment

Originally posted by slbailey View Post
        that can't be the way it works... it would be virtually useless then because I'd never be able to reboot because it would get a different set of codes each time.
        From what you are describing that is exactly what it is doing. However, I do not use HAI so I think we need to wait for someone who knows the product to comment.

ACRF does this and it took me a wee while to figure out how to use the acrf house/unit codes directly.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
        X