This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Units/Flags/Buttons

One lightning strike, 2+ months and a couple hundred dollars, I'm now running an OPII panel that isn't playing nicely with the HAI plugin. For some reason it's not pulling the list of units/flags/buttons from the panel. It is communicating correctly, i.e. pulling the zones, etc. Did see the following message in the log

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 7:59:59 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Initializing Plug-in: HAI_System</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 7:59:59 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Poll Settings: Units - 8, Zones - 8, Thermostats - 2</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 7:59:59 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">HAI Plug-In Version 2.1.2746.29695</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 7:59:59 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">About to initialize HAI System on COM1</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 8:00:00 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Panel Model: 16 (HAI Omni Pro II) with Panel Software Version: 3.1 Rev: B</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 8:00:01 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Security code is number 1, which has a level of Master</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 8:00:01 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">CreateDevices_SetValues Experienced Error 9 which is Index was outside the bounds of the array. on line 0</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 8:00:01 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">CreateDevices_SetValues returned False - Please report this to the plug-in author.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/9/2009 8:00:01 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Finished initializing plug-in HAI_System</td></tr></tbody></table>

Note that the poll settings shown above are NOT what are selected in the configuration page (i.e. 256 X10, 128 flags, etc).
    My system is described in my profile.

Hmmm. The plot thickens. Turns out it's not reading the zones correctly either. From the log:

It's reading the house codes correctly, finding the full 256 instead of the 128 the older OP had. Also correctly reading which ones are leviton, X10, or HAI lighting.

It reads the two thermostats correctly.

It's not reading the zones correctly, instead finding all the zones from the original setup and incorrectly mapping them, ie. disabling bypass/restore on some of the regular zones and allowing it on some of the fire zones. One of the expansion enclosures got fried and hasn't been replaced yet, but the plugin isn't detecting this either.

It correctly reads all the messages since the ones I dropped in the new panel are no longer showing. (oh yes, did I mention that I had to retype all ~650 lines of programming I had in the panel. No way to pull the programming from an OP into a OPII. YUCK!)

Sounds like the panel is fine if the old = the new, but ignores reality if they differ. Sort of like most of the talking heads on cable news.

Comment

Third thought. The panel has the newest HAI ROM (3.1 Rev: B) flashed into it. Wonder if something new in it is giving the plugin indigestion?

Comment

Did you revise the unit settings in the configuration? You are going from one panel model to another, and so in the config page you need to choose the correct model (if the plug-in did not get it automatically) and then revise your limits because where one unit type ends on one panel, is completely different on another, so that might be confusing it?

The 3.0 firmware theory is a very good one - they have been changing a LOT.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Yup. Changed the panel type and updated the limit settings. When I go back to the configuration page it shows what I selected, but when I restart HS I still get the warning above. I looked at hspi_hai.ini and it's showing the limits I entered, but all the zone names are still from the old panel.

Would it help to delete (or edit) the ini file?

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
            Yup. Changed the panel type and updated the limit settings. When I go back to the configuration page it shows what I selected, but when I restart HS I still get the warning above. I looked at hspi_hai.ini and it's showing the limits I entered, but all the zone names are still from the old panel.

Would it help to delete (or edit) the ini file?
            It might, but it would help first if I could confirm a few things. If you wipe out the INI file, you lose any custom names you put on your zones/units, etc.

Is the plug-in communicating with the panel successfully? You said it was getting all of the configuration information so it sounds like it, but I want to make sure.

There was a point at which I went from storing information in HomeSeer's Settings.ini file to having it in the hspi_HAI.ini file - I just want to make sure that you are using the latest plug-in so I don't have to worry about it being confused by there being settings in both files - if there is an [hspi_HAI] section in your Settings.ini file, wipe it out to make sure it is using the other one.

The error could be because your INI file does not have an entry for every zone/unit that you now have in your bigger panel - I don't think I ever tested for that. If that could be the case, then you might want to try this - rename your hspi_HAI.ini file to something else and restart HomeSeer so that it creates a new one. Configure communications and if necessary restart so that the plug-in talks to the panel successfully. Then, go to the configuration pages for names and save the names for each type. Now, shut down HomeSeer, and then from your old INI file copy/paste the names and overwrite any entries for the same zone numbers or unit numbers that you have in the new panel. The end result will be that the plug-in will have filled in the default zone names for all of the zones above and beyond what you used to have in the old plug-in. Then restart and see if that makes a difference - if not, then it has to be something having to do with the firmware difference.

Meanwhile, I do not recall removing the debug numbers, but I must have, so I will see if I can attach a zip file with the current .NET plug-in that has the debug number included so your error message will tell me exactly where the error is happening...
            Attached Files
            Regards,

Comment

Frankly, keeping the old names I typed in is REAL low on the priority list. A working plugin with 11 character HAI names is MUCH better than a non-working one with full names.

Will try to forcing HS to recreate the hspi_HAI.ini. Am using the latest beta from the updater.

Haven't mucked with the HAI plugin recently and forgotten how the manual process works. Should I just unzip the debug version you attached into the HS directory?

Comment

Okay. This thing is acting fruitier than a street festival in San Francisco during Gay Pride week.

I deleted the ini file, let the system create a new one, entered the panel type, code, and limits, and then restarted HS. I get the following messages

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:41 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Initializing Plug-in: HAI_System</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:41 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Poll Settings: Units - 8, Zones - 8, Thermostats - 2</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:41 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">HAI Plug-In Version 2.1.2746.29695</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:41 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">About to initialize HAI System on COM1</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:48 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Could not communicate with the panel. Check your COM and panel code settings.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:48 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished initializing plug-in HAI_System</td></tr></tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:50 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Security code is number 4, which has a level of Master</td></tr></tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:51 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 1 does not have a name saved for it. Default names for all HAI components have been loaded. Please see the 'Plug-In' menu option in HomeSeer to configure names.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:51 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">CreateDevices_SetValues Experienced Error 9 which is Index was outside the bounds of the array. on line 0</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:51 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">CreateDevices_SetValues returned False - Please report this to the plug-in author.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:51 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Performing Startup/Recovery Check of the System.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:51 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Getting panel configuration information.</td></tr></tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:55 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">Database Item </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Saving Device HAI System Security Status</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:56 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Database Item </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Saving Device HAI System Special Status</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:56 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">Database Item </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Saving Device HAI System Alarm Type</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:14:56 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Database Item </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Saving Device HAI System Last Code Used</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting House Code is A</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (A): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (B): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (C): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (D): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (E): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (F): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (G): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (H): Leviton Extended Code</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (I): Standard X-10</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (J): HAI Lighting Control</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (K): HAI Lighting Control</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (L): HAI Lighting Control</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (M): HAI Lighting Control</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (N): HAI Lighting Control</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Code (O): HAI Lighting Control</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Code (P): HAI Lighting Control
                </td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">
                All the above is correct for the new panel
                9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Thermostat (1): Auto Heat/Cool</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Thermostat (2): Auto Heat/Cool</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Security code is number 4, which has a level of Master</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">This is correct also
                9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 1 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Zone 2 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 4 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Zone 5 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 14 is a Thermostat or temperature sensor zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Zone 31 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 50 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Zone 63 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 64 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Zone 69 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Zone 80 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Correct so far
                9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Zone 81 is a Fire type zone.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Not correct! I only have 80 zones!
                9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Current battery reading: 0</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:15:22 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Getting message text.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Message 10: BRZ door open!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Message 11: Deck door open!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Message 12: FOY door open!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Message 13: BSM door open!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Message 14: Garage freeze!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Message 15: Garage open!</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">All the messages are correct also!
                9/15/2009 1:16:21 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Checking special devices, creating any that need to be created....</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:21 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">--- Starting global update of system at: 1:16:21 AM</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:56 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">--- DONE with global update of system at: 1:16:56 AM</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:56 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">--- Elapsed time: 34 seconds.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/15/2009 1:16:56 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">HAI System </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">All HAI Items and Units are Up-To-Date. Triggers and Conditions are now active.</td></tr></tbody></table>
                Lastly, I tried to import the names without success. It tries, but either nothing comes up, or the page blows up with HTML errors. I armed/disarmed the system a few times, and the HAI Security page correctly reflected all the changes, so I know it's communicating in some form.

Comment

It said that it could not communicate with the panel, then it presented information that it could only get from the panel. What it appears to be is that the authentication it is using is not at the appropriate level. Make sure that there are NO other users with the same panel code as the master code, and then put the master code in for the panelcode in the INI file (in plain text) before starting HomeSeer - see if that helps.

You might also want to wait a while before starting - HAI has a 30 minute timeout if there is invalid access - does not seem like there is any invalid access going on, but just to be sure...
                  Regards,

Comment

Putting the code in plain text solved the "could not communicate with the panel" issue, but everything else is the same. Also played with the download names screen. It works for the first 16 zones, but nothing after that. Zones 17 upward, thermostats, units, etc all fail. On the units and buttons I actually get a goofy html message along the lines of

Unknown post/put request, data is selection=b&StartDownload=CONTINUE&b%3A1=Button+1&b%3A2=Butt on+2&b%3A3=Button+3&b%3A4=Button+4&b%3A5=Button+5&b%3A6=Butt on+6&b%3A7=Button+7&b%3A8=Button+8&b%3A9=Button+9&b%3A10=But ton+10&b%3A11=Button+11&b%3A12=Button+12&b%3A13=Button+13&b%

Sounds like I need to get the version with the debug numbers you uploaded installed. Hit me with the instructions for that again.

Comment

Oh yes, one other thing. In cases where an unit/button is at the same address on the new panel as the old, the plugin can still control them. I have some buttons triggered by an X10 palm pad via the ACRF plugin, and that functionality still works.

Comment

You are correct - if you have the latest beta version from the updater, you can rename that (just to be safe) to something that does not start with hspi_ and then unzip the one from the zip file into your HS directory.
                        Regards,

Comment

FYI, I switched back to the production code, and the vast majority of the problems went away. Or at least they went away until the HS computer crashed hard last week.

Comment

Working...
                          X