This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Panel User Poll

I am really curious how many HS HAI users we have on this forum. I did a quick list just looking at the "HAI Important Information" thread.

Chime in please. I'll continue to update this list.

July 26, 2013

Count: 30

User List from reading a couple of threads here:

1 - Pete
    2 - JLehnert
    3 - Bart1
    4 - IPITMan
    5 - Garciacg
    6 - anogee
    7 - mikecoffey
    8 - overst
    9 - Jayhawk
    10 - rpeck
    11 - wazoo
    12 - basshook
    13 - lamanmi
    14 - rirvine
    15 - iskok
    16 - rileydogmi
    17 - nightwalker
    18 - jgary
    19 - milll36
    20 - FryGuy
    21 - ctdeng0
    22 - pnord
    23 - mbreeden
    24 - Kiwi
    25 - Ray
    26 - Randy Russell
    27 - acromion
    28 - GlennWo
    29 - cowsr4eating
    30 - robilium
    Last edited by Pete; July 26, 2013, 07:07 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

I have an HAI OP2 here but I haven't tried interfacing it to HS for a while. Same for a DSC panel that I do have up and running but again not really interfaced with HS. The plug-ins for the panels are what's holding me back from interfacing one or the other.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I have an HAI Omni Pro add me to the list - Gary

Comment

HS/HAI for many years

I have been using HS/HAI (Omni LT) for many users. I just checked the original order confirmation email from HS and it shows order November of 2002. I am still connected through the serial interface.

Lamanmi

Comment

im bought one omnipro 2 for my new house,will be using it with homeseer

Comment

Add me to the list, I have a OmniPro II with version 3.0. I have Homeseer Pro.

Comment

Sorry i'm so late but
              I've had a proII going for years now with HS
              Add me too !
              Paul

Comment

BTW- just purchased a newer OmniPro II board with flash upgradability. For a bit entertained (and will probably get anyways) an Elk M1. But for the moment I only have the space of the current footprint and would need to purchase a 28" cabinet for the M1 and all the periferals and this would involve some major moving around of "stuff" which is coming sooner than later (redoing my sound). I think I will be expanding the "wall" sometime in the future anyways.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I see I am already on the list but thought I would chime in. I have an OP II, circa 2004 - updated the chip to 2.9a but also have the 3.x chip that I have yet to install.

I use to have ALC lighting but I have since replaced with Z-Wave - I also used to have the thermostats in the panel but have since moved them directly into HS and use the HAI Thermostat plugin.

So, I only have relays (motion sensors, window/door sensors) and outside temp to the panel. I do use the security feature and have that status used by HS to do security function (away/vacation).

My really big need is an overhaul of the HAI thermostat plugin to support the new HAI thermostats (I posted a request a few months back in that forum) - I was hoping that the HAI thermostat plugin would go into open source so someone could take that plugin over - it looks like HS has abandon any HAI development going forward on this and the Thermostat plugin. In retrospect, I should have went with Z-Wave thermostats but I have over $500 in my 2 relatively new HAI thermostats and can't justify the leap.

Comment

I use to have ALC lighting but I have since replaced with Z-Wave
                    Are you controlling the Z-Wave with OPII or with HSPro?

Reason I am asking is that I just purchased HAI serial Z-wave controller, a Leviton Z-Wave RF Handheld Remote Controller, a few Z-wave devices, Z-wave stick and Intermatic HA07.

None connected yet but will most likely be using both OPII and HSPro to talk X10, UPB and Z-Wave for a bit of time.

Right now it appears that I will be switching my Insteon / X10 switches to UPB and my lighting and appliance modules over to Z-Wave.

I would prefer to keep my OmniStats plugged into the OPII and more so now that I have purchased OmniTouch to replace my OmniConsoles.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am using a Z-Troller to control my Z-wave - I am very happy with Zwave - I haven't had one glitch and I have every switch in the house converted to Leviton Vizia's - I have 95 devices on my network - instant status and instant HS->device response. I got "lucky" last year in that lighting hit near my house and whacked a bunch of ALC modules so my insurance company agreed to replace them with ZWave. The devices are 1/2 the price, 3x the warranty and don't require a communication wire.

I am really disappointed with my thermostats - I really like the HAI term units, just don't like the communications and the plugin. I thought it would be better moving them outside HAI but I am having some issues - it was working OK for a few months but now I am getting some strange readings with the thermostat plugin - I haven't had time to troubleshoot but I am getting cool setpoint readings on one thermostat changing without touching the thermostat for several seconds then the correct reading comes back (the log gets flooded with changes like "cool set point set to 76, cool setpoint set to 96, cool setpoint set to... " - that same thermostat occasionally showing a blank status (should be heat, cool, off) randomly and then a few seconds later, shows the correct value These are happening more and more - I suspect it must be some noise on the line or a bad unit because it is only happening on 1 of my 2 therms. Strange thing is it is only 2 readings that are whacky - the term is reporting all other values just fine as expected. If I can get my automation budget increase request approved from my wife, I will switch to Zwave therms...

Comment

Count me in. I have an Omni II panel.

Comment

I am going back to having my OmniStat's wired to the panel and bagging the RS232 route - I have spent several days trying to track down a nagging issue with the RS232 and HAI tech support. Bottom line is that I had no problems with the panel, just limited information from the thermostat into homeseer. Is beefing up the data from the OmniStat into homeseer still a goal?

Comment

I've left my OmniStat wired into the panel. More related to less wires. Running schedules on HAI panel - works well.

Is beefing up the data from the OmniStat into homeseer still a goal?
                            I am hoping that it is. Utilizing the new protocol would be optimal.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am an installer and if they can get me a working interface I have at leat 4 pro100 sold. But it has not been updated in so long I would also love to get one in our showroom but I really need it to tie to HAI.

Comment

Working...
                              X