Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Homeseer Crashing After Adding HAI Expansion Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeseer Crashing After Adding HAI Expansion Module

I added a zone expansion module to my HAI Omni LT today in addition to doing some re-wiring for the zones and thermostat. I removed the zone resistors and re-wired the thermostat. I dont believe these changes have anything to do with the problem I'm seeing but wanted to note them just in case.

HomeSeer (2.4.0.11) is now crashing when I have the HAI plugin (2.1.2746.29695) enabled. I tried disconnecting the expansion module but I am still having the problem. I did not restart the panel after removing the expansion module.

When I disable the HAI plugin and restart HomeSeer it does not crash. When I re-enable the HAI plugin, HomeSeer will start and then the last log entry I see is:

11/1/2010 1:12:28 AM - HAI System - --- Starting global update of system at: 1:12:28 AM

then about 30-60 seconds later, HomeSeer crashes and I see this in the application event log:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 11/1/2010 1:29:07 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: braino
    Description:
    Faulting application name: HomeSeerService.exe, version: 2.4.0.11, time stamp: 0x4b673f83
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdaae
    Exception code: 0xe053534f
    Fault offset: 0x00009617
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

Could someone please help me troubleshoot this issue?

thanks,
    Dan

If you do not run HS as a service does it crash?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, as Rupp mentions try running HS regular.

Years ago I did run HS as a service with the HAI plugin. It was in the HS 1.7 days that I ran it this way.

Curious why you removed the EOL zone resistors? The EOL zone resistors and thermostat operation are independant of each other so it really shouldn't matter.

You really should shut down the panel (remove the battery / transformer) before plugging in the expansion module.

Are you utilizing the installation version of the PC Access program?

HAI THERMOSTATS
      OmniLT supports up to 2 HAI RC-Series Communicating Thermostats. The controller can send commands to the thermostat to
      change mode, cool setting, heat setting, status of fan and hold, and other items.
      Run a 3 (or 4) conductor wire from OmniLT to the thermostat location. All thermostats are connected to the GRN (Green), BLK
      (Black), and YEL (Yellow) terminals in the section marked "TSTAT" on the OmniLT controller. Connect the red COMM cable
      wire with the black COMM cable wire. Make the connections (as shown in Figure 9) using the supplied wire splices.
      Remember its all or nothing relating to EOL resistors and you have to set the board to either using them or not using them.

An external 1000-ohm end-of-line zone resistor is required for all zones unless the Setup item ZONE RESISTERS is set to "No".
      If the Setup item ZONE RESISTORS is disabled, all zones other than Supervised Fire and Gas will not use an end-of-line
      resistor. In this configuration, all zones switches (other than Supervised Fire and Gas) must be normally closed (open for alarm).
      If any zone requires a normally open (closed for alarm) switch (other than Supervised Fire and Gas), the Setup item ZONE
      RESISTORS must be set to "Yes" and all zones will require and external 1000-ohm end-of-line resistor.
      Is this the expansion module you are using?

I would suggestion powering down the board, connecting the expansion module, configuring it with PCA validating its function first. Once you have validated its function then connect it to HS.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; November 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

thanks for the suggestions, Pete. I'll try to answer your questions and will try running the applicaiton NOT as a service.

I removed the EOL transistors because they were messy and I was pretty sure the HAI Omni has transistors on it so they are not necessary. I went into setup on the console and set the "use transistors" to "no" or "0" I think it was. I did remove all of them. Out of curiosity, I removed a FEW of the transistors and tested ALL of the door/window sensors and they all seemed to work.

Yes, that is the expansion module I am using. I did power down the console completely (removing battery too) when installing the expansion module. I tested basic functionality of the board and sensors with the expansion module and removed transistors and everything seemed to work OK.

What I did NOT do last night is shut the system down completely before realizing I hadn't plugged in the 3 thermostat wires (black/green/yellow)

I also removed the expansion module ribbon cable as a troubleshooting step without powering down the system because it was late and my gf was sleeping and I didn't want to make noise when the system came back up.

I feel confident my wiring is correct. I took pictures of all the wiring positions before I took it apart and put it back together as it was.

I guess what I need to do now is completely shut down EVERYTHING and start it back up with everything connected.

thanks for the help guys, i'll let you know how it goes tonight.

Comment

FYI - confirmed still crashes when NOT running as a service

Comment

I removed the EOL transistors because they were messy and I was pretty sure the HAI Omni has transistors on it so they are not necessary. I went into setup on the console and set the "use transistors" to "no" or "0" I think it was. I did remove all of them. Out of curiosity, I removed a FEW of the transistors and tested ALL of the door/window sensors and they all seemed to work.
            I initially installed my initial 16 zones without EOL's thinking that I really didn't need them until I read more about their purpose. I utilize my loop values in PCA when checking them.
            http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...resistors&st=0

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...=eol+resistors

The EOL's actually do serve a purpose. I soldered mine at the EOL and use heat shrink tubing.

Does your HAI system all function correctly right now (without the serial to HS plugged in)? All your zones, thermostat etc?

BTW I've trashed one new HAI OPII by incorrectly wiring the PS in the dark (not recommended) and trashed one Omnitouch in a similiar fashion a few months back.

I have devices now plugged into my HAI OPII that HS doesn't recognize (HLC lighting and other stuff) but it doesn't lock up the plugin. I've actually never seen the plugin trash the HS bootup or lock up HS. (7? years now). I change my OPII configuration on an average of 1-2 times a week saving it to the panel via PCA.

If the HS Plugin worked before you made your changes to the panel and now it doesn't work then I personally would disable and remove the plugin (save your INI file) and re-install it from scratch and see what happens. It'll create any variables all over again with device names and probably will use the same ones.

I am also now getting ready to install a 3rd expansion module and a HAI 42A00-2 and two HAI 45A00-1's. Procrastinating a bit they've been sitting there now for about 6 months. (it's a wireless experiment of sorts - same with the RFXCom thing).

Do you have your panel on the network and is it accessible remotely or can you post some edited PCA screen pics?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
            HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Shut down and rebooted everything - all is well!

Sorry about that. I should know better

Once I got everything working well and no crashing after the reboot I then realized I had the wrong wire plugged into the 3 thermostat terminals on the console.

it's all working well without resistors. I dont expect to have any normally open sensors so I should be good without the resistors.

thanks for the help!

dan

Comment

No problem Dan.

Glad it worked out for you!
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X