X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect to HAI Omnipro II

Hi There,

I have HomeSeer and HAI OmniPro II and would like to connect both not using the serial but TCP/IP ethernet. Is there a way to do this like the PC access dose?

There is not today. I still utilize HSPro to the HAI OmniPro II via serial link.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete, so the new plug-in is not there anymore are there any beta even so I can use till I get my serial connection?

Comment

There are two serial plugins for HAI panels. They are both in the Updater. The newer plugin provided some adds that the older one did not have. Time sync and added devices for one. I had issues with the thermostat piece and had to downgrade to the older one. It works fine for me at the current time. (many years now). It could be faster. It sees my UPB devices but doesn't see my HAI UPB stuff; and it sees Z-Wave but doesn't recognize it. (?)
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete
          I will get my serial cable next week and try the plug-in and will update if any!
          are there any hopes for the Ethernet connection Plug-in? It will be a big add in as the serial will require a me to get a PC near my HAI!
          Are there any resources examples that I can use for the current plug-in? I will use it mainly with HS Touch to create an interface for my HAI. Appreciate your suppport

Comment

Use the older version of the plugin for your serial connection if you have an HAI thermostat. If not then the newer version add stuff like time sync and HAI UPB lighting.

Once the plugin is loaded you have the choice of it creating HS Variable or just using the plain variables that the plugin creates. It creates Units, Zones, etc. You can then run HS events using these variables. IE:

If zone 1 is not ready then turn on outside lights.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete, I borrowed a serial connection from the dealer here to test with it till my one comes, after several hours, I manged to connect to my HAI ( after entering the panel code in the INI file directly as from the screen is not saved!)
              One problem though, I am seeing my zones and buttons only in the units, and no light is there. I have Centralite Elegance connected to my HAI.
              From PC access I can see the light ( ) under my units, but from HS it dose not show, any reason for that?

Comment

Marzouk,

I am not aware of any HS/HAI plugin users that utilize Centrallite at this time. I think the plugin will see the lighting maybe as just units and not specifically as Centralite. How many units have you configured with the HAI Plugin configuration? When you read the panel with the plugin what names come up?

Here is what my HS X10 units looks like via HS HAI Plugin:

Here is what my HS UPB units look like via the HS HAI Plugin:

I have no UPB links configured. When loading the plugin I do see an error relating to non recognition of the HAI UPB style setup.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete, it worked out of the blues!
                  I dont know what was wrong, but I can see a problem in the communication with HAI, it shows every time that the Plugin needs panel code, so I have to go and enter it Manuel in the INI file and start HS! Why ?
                  also, even if I do this, it says cant communicate first and then if I wait a while (10 min) it starts to connect normally, any reason for that?
                  Last but not least, I am trying to use my PIRs as occupancy sensors, as if there are no one in the room for more than 1h to turn off the lights, any examples for that? and there is always a delay between the PIR and HS picking up, I guess this is due to polling, is there a way to speed up the response time?
                  Sorry for the long list

Comment

Dear Pete,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but with all what is happening in Egypt lately, it was a bit Busy!

Can you please tell me what is wrong with the the pannel code issue, why it dose not save the password? I have to open the ini file each time to enter the code so that it works!

Comment

Hopefully things are a bit better now where you live.

Try having it create a new ini file; starting from scratch; IE: have it read the panel again with all of your devices and see what happens.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X