This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get_Multi_Zone_Status experienced error

11/2/2011 4:16:21 PM - HAI System - Get_Multi_Zone_Status experienced error getting zones 387 thru 387 : 6, Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

I just added a second HW expansion unit and found a couple of frustrating issues. First the polling has gotten considerably slower. I have a humidty sensor tied to a skylight. The timing was very consistent until I added the expander. I've changed the polling rate, the time interval of the script but no luck. I do get this failure now and it maybe correlated but that also unclear since I don't know what it means nor does it occurr all the time.

Question:
    1. what is the error and how can I fix it.
    2. how do I speed up the system polling (its always been slower then desirable but I've lived with that). 64bit OS (have but haven't installed Win7)?, faster hardware, better interface to the Omni Pro II?
    3. I'm using the hai .net plugin is the other the original Beta version? I have several extended temp sensors
    4. I just got the pro version (haven't installed it yet) is that going to help?

Bart,

I have not seen this. Today I only have three other temp or temp combo sensors connected and only one expansion board in place (full) on the Omni Pro II. I have historically played some with the polling numbers in the INI file.

I do have sitting on the side a second expansion board (not installed) three HAI wireless transceiver also not installed. In FL though did install a wireless transceiver to the OmniPro II board; not really using it too much yet though.

I only know of two versions of the plugin. I quite using the newer version cuz it messed up my original Omnistat RC80 stuff. I tried to use it also with the newer Omnistat2 and it didn't work right.

I did just purchase a two wire temp sensor for the Omnistat2. I also noticed that the first combo extended temperature / humidity sensor installed about 7 years ago the temperature readings outside are off by about 10 degrees or so today.

In addition recently I've disconnected the NIC interface because for some odd reason I started to get many communications errors on the serial ports (Omnitouch screens and thermostat displays). It was also messing with the time. Since I've had the NIC interface disconnected the time is always right and the com links are doing well now. Kind of a mickey mouse solution right now with most current OmniProII firmware.

So all I can suggest is to play with the polling values in the HAI plugin INI file.

Curious what version of the OmniPro II and firmware are you using? Can you flash upgrade your firmware?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
      Thanks for responding...I had some issues with the time jumping but then it settled out...not sure what stopped it...changed settings in the panel and switched from 0 to 2 HW expanders in the homeseer page. It takes a day to figure out if its goofed up but its been fine for a few days. Ethernet still attached. Also today the correlation between the humidty sensor and response was back on par.

I've tweaked the .ini for the poll rate before but haven't got a good sense on what's good..had it at 400 now its 900. I think the slower rate allow homeseer respond better so think that's the bottle neck?
      there's still a 10-15 sec delay between say opening the wine room door and when the light goes on.

I really like the perl interface and have some eloberate scripts but cause and effect get to be a black art especially with respect to timing and whether the first 'write' takes. e.g. I have a primary and secondary thermostat. I set the secondary, sense the change and update the primary. The primary actually controls the heater. but I have to do a double check to ensure the primary did indeed get updated.

I would still like to know the correlation on effectiveness. Do you think going to win7 64bit would reduce the latency? Maybe going to an i5 or i7. My fear is that the polling is struggling and when I want to add even more scripts its going to crash the system or 'worse' make it ineffectual to slow to use.

any help would be great.

Comment

I would still like to know the correlation on effectiveness. Do you think going to win7 64bit would reduce the latency? Maybe going to an i5 or i7. My fear is that the polling is struggling and when I want to add even more scripts its going to crash the system or 'worse' make it ineffectual to slow to use.
        Personally, no. I personally wouldn't run too many events that you care about that depend on your HAI panel connection to HS. With the current HAI firmware and the HS Plugin I see odd alarm armed and disarmed status on the HS variable status page; which really isn't occurring.

The plugin needs to be updated or better yet rewritten.

I've seen an increase in frequency of the time problem and thermostat/Omnitouch com with the current revision of firmware; sans the serial connection to HS.

So far the "switch" like "fix" has been to disconnect the NIC; which is odd to me. If I leave the NIC plugged in then the time starts to drift; either rapidly in one or two days losing up to 60 minutes or over a week or so losing about 2-3 minutes. If I "stare" at the OmniTouch screens while this is happening I keep seeing wierd temperature and Omnistat settings (like 0 for one).

I am use the HAI PIR's to drive events that talk to the X10, UPB and Z-Wave devices today; so I really don't see any delays relating to motion and HAI.

I get the same type of delays you see if I utilize HS / HAI Plugin. So I use it but sparingly to drive HS events.

My HAI polling interval is at 650; same for years now.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

don't want to be negative here...but then why use homeseer?

Comment

Homeseer is providing automation features that the HAI OPII panel / software cannot do at this time.

BTW Just connected to the HAI OPII panel and noticed a firmware and PCA software update.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I haven't been following the flash updates but i've got the older eeprom version can i update to flash? Assuming it's then more like updating your bios on a motherboard

Comment

Yes; with these (I have one in FL) you have to swap out the Eprom. Takes 5 minutes.

The base board is the same and the newer OPII's just have flash upgradable Eproms.

I had first gen OPII before current one and maybe swapped out Eprom 3 times in about 6 years?

You just power down the board. Pry the chip out and replace with new chip. The PCA software also has been updated. So far com with NIC plugged in has been OK; I see no weird thermostat things or timing issues. I only have though maybe 150 lines of stuff in my configuration; so I am not really pushing it. I do utilize HS TTS for this and that connected to the panel.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

sounds good...I've replaced the eeprom once a few years ago, and looked at the HAI firmware upgrades on line but had the impression most of the upgrades are now flash. I'm thinking that if I purchase one of the lastest updates I get the flash capabilty and from that point on its upgradeable over the net? don't need a new base board?

not sure what the PCA SW is and is that another eeprom on the baseboard? Can I ask where your purchasing the upgrades from I'll get the same...

not sure what you mean by 150 lines of config. do you mean scripts running or tweaks to the HAI plugin....sorry for the lack of knowledge here....I'm used to some of this stuff I'm a electronic engineer and integrate fairly complex systems on aircraft. don't have the acronyms down and not sure of the working space...e.g. all the options I can buy and or tweak.

another question is the zoneminder on umbuntu...is that a PCI card/DVR..I've got Q-see and can't stand the interface...they have a refresh button called 'reflash' very funny but you have to give admin priviledges to the IE app to view video and it hangs windows 7 when I try to leave it run for days....I have 6 computers on the TV's and the rooms all remote access (one network room where the noisy hardware is) so if its a stand alone how do you stream it...is it a server etc....is that what your doing...

Comment

No; you would have to upgrade your board; otherwise you will have to manually update the Eprom. The PCA software checks for both firmware and software upgrades whenever its run. We can take this discussion offline via email if you would like.

I moved the older style un upgradable board to Florida and upgraded my board here in the Midwest. The one in Florida is about 7 years old and running just fine. The one in the midwest is only about two years old.

I purchased my upgrades from either Worthington or Automated Outlet.

The 150 lines are just programming lines; mini scripts I guess running on the HAI panel. An example of a few lines is:

// =================================
                    // Power Failure
                    WHEN AC POWER OFF
                    THEN LOG Loss of Power
                    WHEN AC POWER ON
                    THEN LOG Resumption of Power
                    // Mailbox Door
                    WHEN MB Door NOT READY
                    AND IF Chime Flag OFF
                    THEN Chime Flag ON FOR 1 MINUTE
                    THEN Door Chime ON FOR 6 SECONDS
                    Yes I worked at United Airlines for a "few" years and played with electronics mostly on the passenger side of the door; did work with Arinc on the ground to air "stuff" and data used on the other side of the passenger door. Much simplier though than the integrated electronics in the plane. I did get involved in some preliminary stuff relating to upgrading the bus communications and base standards a while back. I did take apart a Lufthansa seat once; bored on a flight to the EU a few years back.

I've run Zoneminder for "years" now using an 8 port DVR card. Many Homeseer users are using it today with IP cameras. I use it today with both feeds on a core duo PC. Its been a few months now since updating and it is working great. It has multiple interfaces; such that you can look at your cams via your mobile phone or any PC. I interface it with Homeseer and it also runs independantly. I am not familiar with Q-See. I do know though that most if not all of the stand alone DVRs out there are using some form of propietary Linux which isn't really documented and difficult to play with. Zoneminder is just running on a LAMP server with numerous bells and whistles. I have it "streaming" to my HSTouch screens and it works fine.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

thanks for the inputs...I work aircraft but not the commerical side...and the subsystem is typically a fairly large part of the system on board.
                      if I can move up to what's in the latest flash then I don't mind poping chips off the board...I can't justify the cost of another base board.

here's an example of a perl script in homeseer (opens the skylight and turns on the lights when humidity goes up due to the shower being on (a good memory exercise is to shower in the dark) this works really well..within 10-15seconds of done showing this kicks in), I think this is fairly simple. but understanding system use e.g. how people use the house (wife, kids, workers) I believe will require more inputs and control statements on future scripts I will be writing and I still want tenths of a second response time...preferebly tens of milliseconds. I've been spending alot of time out of country so looking forward to 'tweaking' my home system. Those programs you list are inputted thru a HAI interfacre? e.g. pc-access? what's an easy way to exchange email out of public view albeit this forum works well for me.

==============================

#this perl script simlpy monitors the humidity sensor in the master shower so I can turn on the lights
                      #and the skylight.

#author Bart1
                      #rev history---rev 0. 9/21/08
                      # rev 1 10/1/08 added most of the rest of the bath room lights
                      # also checked wait for script to finish and allow one instance to run (via gui)
                      # rev 2 10/20/08 skylight open with lights
                      # rev 3 8/12/09 changed the sleep to WaitSecs (wasn't working)
                      # rev 4 8/13/09 WaitSecs doesn't work either (holds system)
                      # need to create external flag and second script.
                      # rev 5 9/13/09 waitSecs works had on/off sequence wrong added lights off.
                      # rev 6 10/16/09 added skylight open reset to nominal due to rain
                      # rev 7 7/29/11 new plugin doesn't support units 256 and above so
                      # working indirectly through buttons
                      # button 1 Skylight close off (385 off)
                      # button 2 Skylight close on (385 on)
                      # button 3 Skylight open off (386 off)
                      # button 4 Skylight open on (386 on)

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
                      #use strict;
                      sub main()
                      {
                      $haiplugin = $hs->plugin("HAI_SYSTEM");
                      $humidity = $haiplugin->GetAuxTemp_Temp(2);
                      #$hs->writelog("Info", "Humdity value now $humidity");
                      $hs->WaitSecs (30);#sleep (30);
                      $humidity1 = $haiplugin->GetAuxTemp_Temp(2);
                      $h_diff = $humidity1-$humidity;
                      $hs->writelog("Info", "Master bath humdity change $h_diff");
                      if ($h_diff > 4){
                      $hs->writelog("Info", "Humdity value now1 $humidity1 this should have taken 10 minutes start");
                      #$haiplugin->HAI_Unit_On(386); #This opens the skylight remarked due to rev7
                      $s=$haiplugin->HAI_Push_Button(4);#This opens the skylight
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\9", 70);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\7", 70);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\12", 70);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\47", 70);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\48", 70);
                      $hs->WaitSecs (20);#was 40
                      #$haiplugin->HAI_Unit_Off(386); #This just resets the output unit; remarked due to rev7
                      $haiplugin->HAI_Push_Button(3);#This just resets the output unit;
                      $hs->writelog("Info","start of 600 second wait");
                      $hs->WaitSecs (900);#
                      $hs->writelog("Info","end of 600 second wait");
                      $hs->WaitSecs (10);#sleep (10);
                      #$haiplugin->HAI_Unit_On(385); #This closes the sklight remarked due to rev7
                      $haiplugin->HAI_Push_Button(2);#This closes the skylight
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\9", 0);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\7", 0);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\12", 0);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\47", 0);
                      $hs->SetDeviceValue ("\\48", 0);
                      $hs->WaitSecs (90);#sleep(10);
                      #$haiplugin->HAI_Unit_Off(385); #This just resets the close flag remarked due to rev7
                      $haiplugin->HAI_Push_Button(1); #This just resets the close flag;
                      $hs->writelog("Info", "Humdity value now1 $humidity1 this should have taken 10 minutes");

Comment

Historically the HAI firmware updates have added a bit at a time. What FW revision are you at?

Here's a link to some documentation relating to the available firmware.

http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=459&Lang=1&SID=

The lines above are input and uploaded via PCA.

So you get decent reponse times with the HAI HS Perl script eh?

Interesting that you are using the Perl script verus just regular scripting in HS for custom stuff. A while back I started to do this and that via HAI HS scripts(s); then kind of just went to using PCA. The response times were better with scripting than utilizing the variables in HS.

I remember one endeavor (airline) which I migrated the microfiche engine servicing methods to a centralized (kind of) graphical system. I started the endeavor by traveling to various locations (EU, Latin America and Pacific Rim) and interviewing and kind of getting a detail about how the mechanics used the microfiche (it was really to provided up to date "instant" specs and drawings). I had some reluctancy migrating from the analogue to the digital methodologies. (part of the traveling "thing"). The modern algorithms for graph compression helped tremendously with the "instantly available" up to date drawings; which was a very good thing.
                        I do also remember having to review literally bytes of air to ground bus data; (fuel, loads etc) which at the time wasn't even sold in buckets; just bytes. That sometimes hampered the attempt implementation of "modernization" of the of the antiquated mechanisms of "front" of the cockpit door transport.

I guess I was a bit cranky cuz I wanted to be a passenger on a 1000 passenger plane just to see what it was like; before I moved on....

You can email via the links provided here on Homeseer.
                        Last edited by Pete; November 7, 2011, 11:58 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X