This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is missing

I'm tring to setup my HAI Omin Pro but theres one thing that I can't seem to find. Is the statis of the system i.e armed disarmed.....

I need this as a trigger to run some events.

You first need to go to the HAI Plug-In Configuration page under setup.

Then do a set by step setting up names of devices, number of zones and units, etc.

You can see the status under the plugins "HAI Security" or with the variables its created under HAI System.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes I do see then there but if I try to use it in a trigger I can't seem to find it.

Correct me if I an not understanding you right but are you saying that the zones can be used as the trigger for disarm, home, away?

Comment

No.

You utilize system status variables or create your own variable status based on an event trigger.

You can do a meet and greet say when you shut off the alarm.

Have Homeseer greet the person shutting off the alarm by name and maybe list number of calls or anything else while gone.

You can also just utilize scripts instead.

An example is in the scripts directory.

Code:
        Sub Main()

Dim iStatus

iStatus = 999
        	iStatus = hs.plugin("HAI_System").InterfaceStatus
        	if iStatus = 0 then
        		hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","HAI Version: " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_Version
        		hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Plugin Version: " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").Version

hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Panel Arm Status is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").SecurityStatus

hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Zone 5 is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").ZoneName(5) & " and has status " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").ZoneStatus(5) & " with a value of " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").ZoneValue(5)
        		hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Unit 5 is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").UnitName(5) & " and has status " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").UnitStatus(5) & " with a value of " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").UnitValue(5)

hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Button 6 is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").ButtonName(6)

hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","User Code 2 is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_Lookup_userCode(2)

hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK", hs.plugin("HAI_System").ThermostatName(1) & " is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_WhatIsTemp(1) & ", and " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").ThermostatName(2) & " is " & hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_WhatIsTemp(2)
        		hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Mode, Fan, & Hold Status for 1:" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").GetMode(1) & "/" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").GetFanMode(1) & "/" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").GetHoldMode(1) & " for 2:" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").GetMode(2) & "/" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").GetFanMode(2) & "/" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").GetHoldMode(2)
        		hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Cool Setpoints 1:" & hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_WhatIsSetpoint(1,"c") & " 2:"  & hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_WhatIsSetpoint(2,"c")
        	else
        		hs.WriteLog "HAI CHECK","Interface Status is " & CStr(iStatus)
        	end if

End Sub
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm not getting this. First I want to stay away from scripts as much as possible. I want a simple trigger when the alarm arms to night I want some lights to turn off. Here's where I'm having a problem when I go to create an event and chose a way to trigger in trigger types I don't see where to chose when HAI changes to night to trigger the event. I can see the zones, outputs, counters, and the thermostat but nothing for the status of HAI security. What should I be looking for? Or maybe I have something configured wrong in HAI. When I check the HAI security tab at the top I can see and control HAI staus. <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="33%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left>Disarm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>Arm in Day Mode</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left>Arm in Night Mode</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>Arm in Away Mode</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left>Arm in Vacation Mode</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>Arm in Day Instant Mode</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left>Arm in Night Delayed Mode</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Is there a simple way to do this or can it only be done with a script?

One other thing, I have had problems setting up HAI at first and it looks like I have lots of HAI's installed when I check the status. Is there a way to remove them and only have installed. Sometimes time I open HS it takes me right to HAI setup setup screen.

Comment

Sholud there a tab up top for HAI system? If there is I don't have one.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            You first need to go to the HAI Plug-In Configuration page under setup.

Then do a set by step setting up names of devices, number of zones and units, etc.

You can see the status under the plugins "HAI Security" or with the variables its created under HAI System.

Comment

I see the status change on the pictured box above where you see the list of the various alarm statuses.

"Panel Status: Disarmed"

If you manually arm your system you should see it changing from Disarmed to Arming to Armed.

You define what tabs you want to see on the top. I only have my "units" tab defined in the web piece of the Homeseer settings.

If you go to the "plugins" configuration you will see a defined plugin button for every piece of the HAI panel.

Note that you will not receive "instant" status as serial polling affects this a bit.

The timing of events like maybe the garage door being open or closed is not critical and not utilized for any life saftey stuff. I just utilize it mostly as a convenience.
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Go slow in the configuration. First you have to configure how many variables you are getting from the panel on the initial configuration page; IE: units, thermostats, zones, etc. Once you have this configured when you go to read the panel define names it will put in the names you have configured with say PCA in the blanks for your HS naming. Here if you want you can change the names or leave them be. If you change the names you are only changing the names on HS and not on the panel. You only need to do this once. If you make changes to the panel with PCA you will need to update your stuff on HS; the changes on your panel are not dynamically changed with the plugin relating to the HS configuration.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

That's not my issue, I can arm and disarm HAI. The issue is when I create an event and I want it to be trigger by either Night Mode, Away mode or Disarm but I can't find Night Mode or Away mode anywhere. I can trigger an event with a zone with armed or disarmed but not Home Mode or Away mode.

Is there a Night Mode and Night Mode to chose from in the trigger?

I may have something setup wrong. Below are some screen shops.

No HAI status beside modes

Lots of HAI's installed. How do I get rid of them all but one?

Comment

Your setup looks fine. You are not showing that you have any units set up. I control X10,UPB and Z-Wave so I have that setup populated.

Its not there. The trigger set up for the HAI stuff is in the drop downs when you create an event based on a condition or based on the HAI plugin itself.

Create an event based on a condition. On the initital set up pick "HAI_System Panel Arming Condition". The create the condition event on the state as you see in the drop downs for said condition.

BTW - You don't have to "read" the panel to add units to it. (X10,UPB or Z-Wave). You just have to increase the number of units on the main page. Save. Then go to the naming of the units and you will see your new ones blank. Instead of downloading the names you can just manually add the names of the units and save them.

Looks like your zone counts, variable assignments got a bit messed up. Just delete and reconfigure them and it will clean itself up.

Do the same as you did with the units. You can read the names from the panel based on the number of zones you have defined. If you add 1-2 zones; then just increase the number by 1-2 zones and then go to the naming of the zones page and manually type the names in.

Go a bit slow as if the panel is communicating to the plugin while you are making multiple changes all at once; the panel and its slow polling can confuse the variable creation some.

Another thing I've noticed. If the HAI variable gets lost and I have HAI driven events; they get a bit confused with no variable status to drive the event. You will see like your HAI events with no triggers and stuff similiar to that.

You can utilize the above example scripting to check the response times of your HAI events relating to whatever you have connected to the panel or doing with HS.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pete; December 18, 2011, 03:00 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete your the man, Thanks. I saw that but never chose that condition because I didn't see Home...

Thanks again

Comment

No problem there stinggray.

I've had the HAI panel connected to HS since early days of HS 1.7. The back and forth polling and timing does ding things but I still utilize it.

I have all of my PIR's / sensors hard wired and make use of the HS to HAI polling. (IE: like garage doors, mail box door, etc). For the mail box door I utilize a piezo movement sensor inside of the box. Works well with the HAI panel for when the mail gets delivered. Currently utilizing almost every serial defined physical port on the HAI OPII panel here in the midwest.

I do though run concurrent HAI events and HS events based on HAI variables.

The newest firmware installed on the HAI OPII panel is doing well. I had an issue with the time drifting too fast some times.

The newer HS HAI plugin added the feature of a time sync to the panel via a HS varible. That part was good. Something though happened to the thermostat control piece though and I would get the omnistat thermostat auto pegging the furnace to 90 degrees occassionally. Occassionally enough that it dinged the WAF.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I've thought about a pressure senor in the mail box under a plate so once I remove the mail it's reset.

Comment

Were getting there but not quite yet. When I use that trigger to arm to "Away" it works but it continues to work. The condition "is" not "when" so it will continue to trigger until the condition changes from "Away". Is there a way to trigger HAI's condition only once?

Comment

You want to create a once only event.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X