Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Interface to HAI OmniPro2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface to HAI OmniPro2

What is the proper serial cable pinout to interface my HS PC to my HAI panel

DB9 to RJ11 pinout

Also what "function" Should I configure the HAI serial port for?

Thank you

A serial cable for the existing HS software.

OmniPro II has 3 serial ports (J1-J3) built onto the controller (labeled Serial1 to Serial3). The interface is a modular connector located in the upper left corner of the controller. It uses either the Omni-Link or Pro-Link Protocol for connections. To access a serial port, use the HAI Model 21A05-2 Serial Cable Kit.
    I purchased mine. You can make your own cable too.

I have my OPII set up with the Omni-Link Protocol. I am not sure if the newer HS HAI beta Plugin talks Pro-link as I have never tried it. (don't think so though).

I am using the older plugin as the newer one (with more features) made my thermostat go nuts (very bad WAF). That said I can control the thermostat, X10, UPB and Z-Wave PIMs plugged into the HAI OPII. I can also see the additional HAI Temp/Humidity modules plugged in. I do not see the Russound that is plugged in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; February 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Got a connection !! Thank you

However i cant see anything but security zones with no names

Cant see any "Units" HomeSeer has not updated the plug in to match the latest HAI OPII firmware and has no plans to do so

Thank you for your reply

Comment

For the security zones you have to download the names of each zone from the panel.

The same for the "Units".

You are correct.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you Pete, Having weird issues. HS only downloaded the names for the first 16 zones
          however my problem is that i have no zone status, HomeSeer is seeing all the zones as secure when some are not. Homeseer can track the arming status, control units, control arming and disarming but that's about it. Any ideas??

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X