This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI over XAP

I just stumbled across this: http://www.iranger.com/page4/files/o...uritySyst.html

It appears to access the hai Omni over Ethernet. I'm wondering if it would be possible to use this to talk to the hai system from homeseer. It's been years since i've messed around with XAP or XPL but I still fundamentally like the idea.

Any thoughts?

Very nice!

I played a bit with XPL relating to a Chumby touchscreen interface to Homeseer and it worked just fine and was quick a few years back.

Damage utilizes XPL extensively.
    Last edited by Pete; May 28, 2013, 10:15 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So it is official that HAI alarms are not supported in HomeSeer 3 - http://cwsdemo.intergraphgovsolution...3PluginStatus/

Any chance of finding someone to write a good plugin for this?

Comment

I would, but that hardware is way too cost-prohibitive to even get a development system up
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I bought my OmniProII system off of ebay for <$100. It was actually an OnQ 1100 but I sent it back to HAI for a firmware change and now it is a fully functional OmniProII.

Bit of hassle but it turned out to be a pretty cheap solution.

Comment

What a great deal.

Here I had a spare OmniproII and showed the system to a neighbor in Florida. I took my legacy OPII and put that one in Florida and purchased the new style with upgradable flash for up north.

That said I installed it in her house; installation was gratis as I have known her many many years.

The impetus was her x causing some issues.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Rob,

Say you did get an OmniPro2 that fell from the sky gratis like; would you write a plugin?

The base OPII is an all included do what. You just add the controllers for lighting stuff, et al.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Rob,

Say you did get an OmniPro2 that fell from the sky gratis like; would you write a plugin?

The base OPII is an all included do what. You just add the controllers for lighting stuff, et al.
                I sure would! I would even pay for one that was ~200 or so...
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Good news Rob.

Personally I like Elk a lot too.

Mostly went though to HAI was because of the tiny footprint.

I sent an email to you.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am a 100% UPB user with the HAI OmniPro II as my controller. I have three HAI thermostats connected through my Omnipro II. I would be willing to pay for a plugin, help pay for a system to get someone who will support HAI, etc. Without HAI support, HS3 is useless to me, and the HAI support in HS2 did not handle the thermostats reliably. The fans on the A/C units randomly cycling on/off in the night and setting the cold setpoint to 40 degrees F was more then the wife could handle.

Comment

The before the dot net version of the HAI OPII serial plugin does not do this with my one Omnistat 2 thermostat or my older HAI RC-80.

That said I have tried and fallen back on the older plugin (2.0.0.19) a few times in the last 10 years.

But today with the newest HAI OPII firmware (3.11d) and the older plugin (2.0.0.19) ; the plugin is working but not ideally with some comm issues and not recognizing stuff I have connected.

Relating to a "new" plugin; I have some ideas about methodology or approach of said plugin.

I have a list posted of Homeseer users and will add your name to it.
                      Last edited by Pete; July 1, 2013, 10:06 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Thank you so much for the HAI plugin tip. I never thought to go back to the "old" one. No more thermostat issues and I'm back on track in using HStouch and HS2. I do have a weird security system issue. The 2.0.0.19 plug in gives me a security status of "Armed UNKNOWN 112 (Delay)" when the alarm is unarmed. When I use the API to query, it returns a value of 100 which is not listed int he API docs a a valid value. I tried using a virtual device and a script to fake the 100 value as unarmed, but the API will not let me arm the security system when it thinks it is already armed. It is more acceptable ot not be able to manage the alrm than to have the thermostats changing ont heir own.

Thanks again for the tip!

Guy

Comment

Guy,

Have you seen the poll for a new HS3 HAI plugin?
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I see it now. I had given up on an HS3 plug-in so I'm glad you pointed it out to me. Looks like it'll be a while before UPB or HS3 are supported, so I'm hard at work implementing a HS2 deployment. When HS3 has the components I need I'll make the switch. Thanks!

Comment

Pete/Rob,

If I can contribute in any way let me know. I am willing to provide some hardware or cash to get this moving.

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                              X