30.00%
    Pre-Pay $125.00 USD for development and plugin
    40.00%
    HAI user not interested in an HS3 HAI Plugin
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

When the current HS plug-in for my omni-pro 2 started falling behind and since I have been using HS for most other things I switched over to DSC for just security, it is however still connected to my omnistat2.

It sure would be nice to finally get a plug-in for the onmistat2 and get it interfaced into HomeSeer but I'm not holding my breath here, I've already done that for too long.

I purchased the HS3 upgrade but to be honest I'm starting to see HS falling behind and am looking far more closely at MainLobby than I have in the past. Initially just for touchscreens but the more I look I haven't found anything I'm doing that it doesn't do either. If their communication with customers is even half-assed it'll be better than here most days. Looking at it and adding in re-buying all the plug-ins i use plus something to interface MainLobby with HomeSeer the cost is almost a wash and I'd be ahead if I hadn't bought HSTouch, or the HS3 upgrade.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Yup; the interface would be IP and manage all of the devices connected to the HAI panel.

I have Mainlobby too and have met the Cinemar folks a few times. Nice bunch of guys.

The plugin would be run on a separate linux box along with a DB and a simple web interface piece. The plugin would be only for HS3.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Bump,

We need 7 more folks to participate relating to development and plugin purchase.

Personally I would like to provide the opportunity to those folks to provide input into the development plus test during development of said plugin when they pay $125.

The more folks that get involved; the better the plugin (that is my opinion though).

A completed plugin may take a while such that it will probably not be offered for sale for a bit. Note I am slower these days probably an age thing ....
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Bump.

We have now three folks that are committed to this endeavor.

Personally I am dismayed at this lack of enthusiasm for an HS3 HAI plugin.

I do not really see just three folks using/testing this HS3 plugin but rather a few more.

Testing will be starting within the next 30 days. Please join us.

Today it appears we have some 30 folks that are still utilizing the old HS2 plugin.

Please note those offering to get involved will be part of this endeavor and way more than just the money pieces of it.

C'mon guys! Let's see some spirit here!
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

So do I understand this correctly, the proposed HS III HAI Omin/On/Q plugin will run ONLY on Linux box and not a Windoz box? I also have an older HAI Omni Pro II. Gary

Comment

Gary,

Yes. It will be more portable the linux way...maybe just a little bootable memory stick; plug n play...a tiny linux plugin OS....pure HS3 plugin lean with no fat.....

It should be fine with the older HAI Omni Pro II. That is what is being used right now for testing and I've not updated it to current FW revision.

It will be running in Linux autonomously without a HS3 connection and initially with a simple diagnostics GUI of sorts.

Personally I would like to maybe test it on some maybe like a PogoPlug maybe...geez even maybe an old 3.5" Chumby (500Mhz Arm CPU) cleverly disguised as the interface to Homeseer...

BTW just a thought. The newest firmware has the pieces (links) for my IP cams. The Omnitouch 5.7e screens boots up with these links and plays back live video right now for 10 cameras in my playing around using Zoneminder. Theoretically the plugin could pass these links to Homeseer for streaming video configurations....just...a thought....
              Last edited by Pete; July 17, 2013, 07:31 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi guys - I use the HAI plugin on HS2. I also need it for HS3. I do all automation in HS.... maybe i should just punt the HAI and sell it off since I do nothing but security with it?

I am happy to test the plugin

Comment

Great news and thank-you for your support of the new HS3 Linux HAI Plugin.

Relating to the combo of HS2 and most current HAI firmware (3.11D):

It doesn't work for me. I do use it some though.

I do today have Russound, X10, Z-Wave and UPB plugged into both the HAI panel and Homeseer. I also want to play with Zigbee. (and more on Homeseer) While I have Omnitouch screens been checking out the new lower priced Omnitouch software on the touchscreens. It works well except for my CCTV stuff.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Still waiting on a few more folks to participate a bit in the development of said plugin. Current counts are:

1 - 4 X $125 = $500
                    2 - 1 X $75 = $75
                    ================

Total commitment so far is $575.00 on 26th of July, 2013.

There are some 30 users (guesstimate) that utilize an HAI panel today.

The interest poll closes in the next few days ....development has begun anyways but it will be a bit more lengthy process with only 5 of us testing the plugin...
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi Pete,

I'm not running a Linux box 24/7 anymore as I'm trying to cut back on power consumption a bit. Only my homeseer machine runs all the time. I'm thinking that this should be targeted at the R Pi or something lightweight like that. I suppose the other option would be to get it up and running on Cygwin. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Yup; smaller would be nicer. I have been running the MCSSprinkler program now on Arch Linux / Seagate Dockstar for over two years.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I'm new to HS and maybe I don't completely understand some of the details so please bear with me. I believe the poll is asking if we'd pay now and/or get the plug-in some time in the future ... paying for both dev and to get the product. Is the total price you're looking to get $150 and a $25 discount if we'll pay up front? I'd be willing to pay the $125 but an est of how long before I could use would be nice. Seems the upgrade to HS3 has be touted for a year+, so a timeframe would help me be more comfortable.

Second concern is around Linux. I personally prefer Linux and would like to run with Centos 6.x. Will all other HS3 plug-ins also run on Linux? I realize the scripting options with Linux are more limited. Are there any other limitations with Linux as far as HS is concerned? I've found HS to be very Windows-centric and even HStouch does not work on AndroidOS like it does Windows. I'm having to work around incompatibilites with AndroidOS every few weeks. I don't want to have these same issues with HS3.

I run HS2 in a VM today so I need to make sure my USB redirection works for my current devices in Linux, but I think I can work through all of that. I'm wanting to understand the scope of what I'm getting into and maybe these questions will help others as well.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

Hello Guy and folks,

I would like to collect funding from those committed folks. We have orderd an HAI OPII board, power supply and case. I will be receiving the HAI OPII board and will be upgrading it. Note that the original OPII board with the firmware chip upgrading was ordered. It is the same as the new board minus 2 serial ports and the one that Rob has been testing.

It is $125 for development and plugin. The plugin is currently being tested on the HS3 box such that it is right now wintel and will be migrated to linux after validation and testing. The current testing was with my OPII board in Florida. The timeframe is variable and those involved in development and plugin will be joining us.

Please email me regarding the granular details. Note that the monies will be utilized for the purchase (well actually I paid for it right now) and upgrade. It is a used board.

Please note that the time frame is variable and also dependant on a stable HS3. That said you will be able to utilize the plugin stand alone for diagnostic purposes.

Thank you all for your support with this endeavor.

Current counts:
                            Current counts are:

1 - 5 X $125 = $625 (acromion, Pete, rmasonjr, westover_man and cowsr4eating?)
                            2 - 1 X $75 = $75 (jwaldo1301)
                            ================

Total commitment so far is $700.00 on 2nd of August, 2013.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK, I am in to pre-pay $125 for development and plugin. Father Far-Out Gary. Let me know when I need to send a pay-pal. I am not actually doing anything with HS3 at the moment. Kind of waiting to let everyone else work out the bugs as HS2 is controlling my Mtn house and don't want to screw things up while I am not present. Plus I have too many other irons in the fire at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X