This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Names import goof

Noticed when I import names from the panel, the name for the very last counter (#255/55) does not import correctly, and/or does not display correct in both UIs. In my case, it instead repeats #208.

IOW, the display shows

Counter (253)Unit 253
    Counter (254)Unit 254
    Counter (208)RBR night

Using an OmniPro and build 21

My system is described in my profile.

Interesting. I'll look into it, but what does the panel show for its name?

You can use the name assignment UI to change the names in case you did not realize that, so for now just change the name to anything you want. Use this UI to change the names to something longer and more meaningful than what you have room for in the panel.

In my testing it retrieves the name properly, so it might just be in applying it to the grid that displays them. Click on a different line in the grid and see if the last entry changes to the correct value.

Comment

Upgraded to .25 (incidently fixing the Windows UI bug)and re-imported. Still the same problem. Panel is correctly showing "Comment out". I use this flag to deactivate parts of the HAI code that are having problems or are not completed yet. Basically does as it's name implies.

I also noticed that the "HAI Units and Devices" page doesn't show the duplicate 208 entry, but also doesn't show the correct name. It just says "Unit 255 (255)".

Comment

When you say "Click on a different line in the grid and see if the last entry changes to the correct value", I assume you mean select the other drop-down menu (only two available in the "HAI Actions" menu).

Same results on both selections.

Comment

Sorry I was not too clear on that - rereading it makes me wonder if I was out of it due to long hours.

On the Windows UI of HomeSeer under the Plug In menu item there are three HAI configuration menus. The third one is titled "HAI Item Name Assignment" and it is the same one that you were presented with where you downloaded the names.

This form also lets you change the names. It uses some mouse/keyboard voodoo I got from the Microsoft web site that they provided for what I have to do in this form. When you click on a field to edit it, it grabs the value and puts it in an invisible text field that is repositioned on top of the row and column you clicked on so you can type an entry. I was wondering if you might be seeing remnants of one of the item names loaded from the panel in that last device position or if it was really what the panel and plug-in think is the last entry.

So... with that long description, I want to ask you to try a couple of things. First of all, if the panel communications were configured but you shut down HomeSeer before you read names from the panel, then the next time you start it will assign default names - e.g. "Unit 255 (255)". This may have happened because of that previous bug where the zone/unit limits kept getting reset to zero. So now those default names were saved for every item that did not get downloaded from the panel AND we had that other bug with the download of the names that probably prevented them from downloading correctly. All a lot of words to say, please press the button to download names from the panel again, and on the last line if the name does not look right, click on it and see if it changes when you select it to the proper name. Then, you can make any changes to the names that you wish before you click OK to have them saved as they appear on the screen.

Comment

This is really f***ing weird! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Sit down and have a cup of coffee before looking at this one again.

Running HAI .25 and .84 HS. Checked the limits panel, #units still set at 127 from the earlier bug. Corrected that, and recycled HS twice. Was able to edit the field and save with no problem. Verified on another PC using web UI. Loaded names from panel again. Saw the correct name go flying by at the bottom of the screen while the names were loading. Check the field after completion, and it's back to "unit 255". Ditto from web UI. Edit the field to say "freaky". Web UI reflects change. Recycle HS. Web UI still says "freaky". Name assignment screen shows "Unit 255" again. HAI actions from the event screen shows "RBR Night (208)" on both UIs.
            Tried several permutations of these actions with the same results.

I dunno. My head hurts just writing this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm seeing the same phenomenon. Let me try to explain it from a different point of view. Referring to the ITEM NAME ENTRY/CHANGE FORM dialog display (3rd menu in Plug-in drop down on HS Windows GUI), the internal flags are listed as "Int Flag 201" thru Int Flag 255; these are the HAI internal flags that can be used as flags, counters, variables, etc. In THIS menu the names loaded from the panel using the [Load From HAI] button, displays the correct names. And although they can be re-edited in this menu, that is not the point. On my system (Aegis), Int Flag 201 has a name of "Unit 255" because I haven't yet defined it otherwise in my panel. OK so far....

NOW, go to an Event Properties window within Homeseer, Click on HAI Actions tab , scroll down to the COUNTER ACTIONS, open up a Counter Actions drop down list. These are the same as the Int Flags list but are listed as "Counter 201" thru "Counter (255)". The problem is that Counter (255) is displayed as a copy of Counter (208) and has the same name as Counter 208. On my panel, the last Counter SHOULD say "Counter (255) Unit 255"...

But it does not. Instead is says "Counter (208) FrDor MoTime Which is an exact copy of my Counter (208) (A front door motion timer) found earlier in this list. So the bottom of this list on MY system looks like this...

... Counter (251) Unit 251
              ... Counter (252) Unit 252
              ... Counter (253) Unit 253
              ... Counter (254) Unit 254
              ... Counter (208) FrDor MoTime <-- This should read "Counter (255) Unit 255"

Does this help clarify the problem ?

Mar

[This message was edited by Mark Himes on Monday, 29 July 2002 at 04:00 PM.]

Comment

OK, Mr. Himes' description brought something to my attention, and that was that this only happens if you happen to have your limits set to use all of the counters available. I did not see it on my system because I was only displaying a subset of them (testing limit configuration).

I found the bug and thus it will be corrected in a future build of the plug-in.

The bug did not affect the downloading of the names from the panel - if after downloading names there is an incorrectly displayed name from what the panel has, then that is a separate issue. This bug affected the display of the counters in the Actions page. The name download bug from an earlier release compounded the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X