This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event trigger from HAI Omni Button

I have attempted to trigger an event from a button "push" on the Omni by setting an HS event trigger for a Device Value Change - When the HAI System Button Pushed becomes equal to 3.

The trigger will not fire. According to the help file "Whenever a button is "pushed" in the system, the status (string) value for this device will be the associated name if provided, and the value for this device will be set to the button number that was "pushed".

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

HAI Omni Plug-in 3.25
    HS Beta 84

+ Max +

The button test as you described it should have worked - I set that same test up here and it did work.

What is probably the case is that the version of the plug-in prior to the '28 build that was made available today, I made a stupid copy/paste error resulting in the loss of something I had in the code to protect from it flipping out at midnight. The result is that after midnight on some systems, the plug-in would effectively cease operating by itself. It would execute code called upon by HomeSeer such as drawing a web page, but it would not poll the HAI system for status updates. It was a dumb mistake - sorry.

At any rate, if your system was in this non-working-but-seemingly-working state, then that would explain it not working. Let me know if this happens with the .28 plug-in though.

Comment

I tried it again with the latest plug-in available and it still will not trigger the event.

The Device Value change is looking for button number "3" as a value.

Have I got it right?

Comment

Yes, that sounds perfectly correct.

When the plug-in changes, sometimes the stored triggers and conditions have to be checked for necessary changes, so if the event trigger is not too complicated, can you delete the event and re-create it and rerun the test?

If it still fails, then we will need to get a level 4 debug capture. Simply go to the Interfaces tab of HomeSeer's config area, then click on the HAI System under the Custom-I/O plug-in section and then click Setup. On that screen, turn debug mode on and set the level to 4. When you click OK to exit, it will start writing a LOT of stuff to the file HAIPlugin.log. Go push your button number 3 now, and then when you are done go back to the above setup screen and turn debug mode OFF. Put the HAIPlugin.log file in a zip and send it to me and I'll see if there is anything strange that I can tell from it. We may need to get Rich involved if I cannot see anything out of the ordinary.

Did you let me know about your other problem? Did making sure all of the zones were "OK" allow the arming command to function?

Comment

It seems fine now.

Comment

Working...
          X