This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello??

Anyone still posting to this group? I haven't seen any activity in a few weeks.

It would be helpful for me if some of the other beta testers would post some of their ideas on how they are using the plugin and what kind of automated scripts they have written.

There are some things happening but I think pretty much the plugin in getting stable. I'm working with Gus now on what may be a calibration issue between what an Omnistat reads out for an Aux Temp sensor and what the plugin returns.

He is also looking at optimizing the polling intervals for items that are not event driven by the panel. Possibly decreasing the amount of time between looking for Aux temps, Omnistat changes, etc. This, hopefully will make the plugin more responsive in the real world of family making changes!

I'd also would like to see what scripts might have been written on this.

G

Comment

I would love to see a script for the above that works with more than 1 thermostat??

Comment

The plug-in supports all of the thermostats that are connected to the panel. I don't know what exactly you mean. Perhaps you are interested in the RC-80 thermostats operating in standalone pseudo-RS232 mode? If so, then this plug-in is not for that application.

Comment

GC
          Thanks for the reply.
          This is what I have done and triedof;
          All 3 thermostats (rc-80) are conected in series to an RD232 port (com1)they control 3 seperate HVAc systems, all are addressed differntly 1,2 and 3 respectively this is donand e at the thermostat. The software I got from HAI (PCSTAT.exe)sees each addressed thermostat as 1,2 and three and allows me to control them individually. When using RC-80.thm script in homeseer it only controls thermostat 1 I have tried editing the script to tstat = 1 , tstat = 2
          tstat = 3 and creating three seperate scripts with the individual tstat number for that device.
          for example:
          RC-80.thm is not edited tstat = 1
          RC-802.thm is edited to have tstat = 2
          RC-803.thm is edited to have tstat = 3
          this reflects the address of each individual thermostat.
          I created three thermostat devices in homeseer pointing to the specific tstat address
          1. RC-80 thermostat 1 using script RC-80.thm tstat = 1
          2. RC-80 thermostat 2 using script RC-802.thm tstat = 2
          3 RC-80 thermostat 3 using script RC-803.thm tstat = 3
          Still only the one thermostat with address #1 is controllable within homeseer

As mentioned before they are wired correctly and addressed corectly because the PCSTAT software provided to me by HAI works fine

RC-80 thermostat 2 using

Comment

You need to find out who wrote that script. The protocol for talking to a thermostat via their pseudo-RS232 is vastly different from the Omni protocol that is used when they are connected to the panel. Whoever wrote that script did not take multiple thermostats into mind apparently, but it should be able to be modified easy enough to support it. See if you can find who provided it here on this MB and perhaps they can help you - I OTOH know nothing about that script. Sorry.

Comment

The latest beta seems to be pretty stable. I need to go back some time and see if the problem with downloading names from the panel has been fixed, but that's a low priority.

I've replaced all the one-way communications I used to do with X10 "flags" and I'm now starting to make use of the new return path to the Omni. The sprinkler system is now controlled by HS through the Omni relays. The rain delay feature (based on information from the VWS plugin) is "working" but has not had a real-world test, as I've received less than 3/10 inches of rain in the past two months. Haven't started on varying the sprinkler run-time based on todays/yesterdays temperatures yet.

Also fixed the occupancy lighting that is Omni based, so that it kicks in during the day as needed because of clouds, storms, etc. The HS/Omni part of the equation is solid, but the frickin Hawkeye->PWC->HS is not. Will probably need to upgrade to Dave Houston's BX whatever to solve the problems.

My system is described in my profile.
              My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Alfonso
                I have been using two copies of the RC-80.thm scripts for the last two years with few problems. There was a problem with the script where it generates the check sum:

FUNCTION SendCmd(mtype,len,data_buf())
                dim cksm
                cksm = 0
                a=SendChar (Tstat)
                cksm = cksm + Tstat

This was hard coded with the value of "1" and therefore only worked for thermostat ID of one. The correctiion above "cksm = cksm + Tstat" corrected the problem for me. I am not sure if this was correct in the script released with version 1.6 of Homeseer.

Comment

The latest beta seems to be pretty stable. I still have the problem with it downloading names from the panel > 256.

I am running Windows/XP Professional with HOMESEER version 1.6.

Comment

Gerry,

I think I may have discovered what is going on. The download of the data from the panel I am pretty sure is right on the money. I think what is happening is the fact that you have a system with (for example) 176 zones, but if you told the plug-in that you are only using 80 zones, then it does not SAVE the names above 80. All of the screens, triggers, etc. that display it will show it as Zone xx instead. Since I fixed some of the other "> 256" problems, it might be that the information was not saved because the download was done before I fixed some of the other issues. That alone may not be it though as I did find another issue where I am storing the information that is the cause of the subscript out of range error.

Thus, you can try making sure that the zone/unit/whatever name that you are trying to save is not greater than the maximum number that you said you are going to use in that category and see if it works. If it still does not, I will have a new version with all of this stuff fixed shortly.

And if that is not enough to get your head spinning, I'll throw another tidbit at you... With the help of a friend, I now have the correct HAI panel model codes, so if the plug-in did not let you go above a certain number in a category because it told you that your model does not allow it and you know it should, then that problem will go away with the next release of the plug-in too. The HAI model numbers are what determine the maximums for all of the categories.

Comment

OK, I lied. It is not that it fails to save names over that which you said you are using, it is that it never saves the LAST name in each category - e.g. last zone, last unit, etc. That combined with the earlier > 256 problem is what caused the issues.

I have fixed it for the next release.

Comment

GC,

Let me know when the next release is available and I will gladly Test it out for you.

Comment

Gerry,

You should have seen an email from Rich announcing it two days ago. It is already in the updater.

Go get it man! ;-)

Comment

GC,

Just loaded the HAI plugin 0.4.0.19.

Comment

GC,

Just loaded the HAI plugin 0.4.0.19.

1. Did a RESET Configuration.
                              2. Shut Down HOMESEER
                              3. Went to 'HAI Plug-IN Name and Limits Configuration' Screen and tried to change the ' Number of X10/ALC Units:' to 256 and 312. It would not allow me to do this.
                              4. Went to 'Get/Assign Names'.
                              5. Did a Load from HAI Panel and downloaded devices.
                              6. Did a SAVE.
                              7. Brought HOMESEER down and up.
                              8. Loaded the WEB Page.
                              9. Went to HAI Units and Devices.
                              10. In Unit 1 position, which is not used, I see one of my Sprinkler Flags, which is really Flag 24 Unit 416.
                              11. Unit 265-272 are HAI Relays, the Names for those Relays are loaded in the HAI Panel in those positions, but never get transfered down when I do a download, but in Unit 271 which I manually loaded 3 weeks ago, the name is still there, and has not been overlayed, and is showing the correct unit status.
                              12. Unit 393-417 are my Flags, again no Flag Names are Loaded from the HAI Panel, though the Flag Status seems to be correct.
                              13. All of my Buttons seem to be correct.
                              14. The Last Unit Code that is loaded is Unit 422 and I do not use Unit 418-422, so I can't tell if they are OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X