Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware requirements for plug-in?

Hey everyone,

I don't have much experience with HAI and/or HomeSeer, so please bear with me...

What hardware do I need to hook my HomeSeer PC up to my HAI OmniPro panel? I currently run the HomeSeer web server, but I have never hooked my OmniPro to a computer -- I have only used the control panels to program the OmniPro. Do I need a serial interface card for the OmniPro? Something else? Any special HW requirements for the PC?

I was thinking about getting WebLink for the OmniPro, but now that I see HomeSeer can integrate w/ the OmniPro, I wanted to check that out.

Thanks in advance,
    Kurt

You need a serial interface card for the OmniPro, and a free RS232 port on the computer. You'll also need a RS232 cable and null modem adapter.

My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Thanks for the info! One other question: I have one daughter board on my OmniPro now (16-zone expander). How many daughter boards can you put on the OmniPro before you have to the second expander box?

Kurt

Comment

IIRC, you can have three max. 2 serial boards, and the hardware expander. If you need more zones than the 32 from the mainboard/expander combo offers, then you have to go with the expansion enclosure. Expensive but it also gives you 16 more outputs, and more importantly, another power source for smokes, motion detectors, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X