This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Time Error -2147418105(80010007)

HAI working fine for a couple of days and then the error.

Not clear what was going on (if anything) when it died ...

dp

Was the runtime error displayed by HomeSeer or by the HAI Plugin? The title on the top of the error box should say one or the other. If it is from HomeSeer, then the HAI plugin ran into some problem and died. Send me some additional information on the type of HAI system it is, how many zones you are using, and anything else that might be helpful. If it came from the HAI plugin itself, then it was probably during a shutdown of HomeSeer? Sometimes the plugin is in the middle of a poll of data from the panel, and even though it got the order to shut down from HomeSeer, it did not return from the poll and shut down before HomeSeer did, so then when the plugin goes to talk to HomeSeer it finds it gone thus generating the error.

If the error was from HomeSeer (meaning the plugin died) then don't fret - we'll get it sooner or later. I am getting very familiar with the code now and recently had a good discussion with HAI regarding some of the issues surrounding the way the plugin is using their Omni-Protocol interface. I hope to have another beta version up soon that will address more issues.

If you can send the information via email that would be great.

Rick
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

You'd never know I developed s/w for so many years ...

Sorry I can't tell you which application posted the error - I'll watch more closely next time.

From my few days of playing with it (and pulling lots of wire) - looks like it does most of what I hoped it could. I'm still debugging zones - but the ultimate plan is to use up all 16 of them.

My only real need right now is to be able to put the thermostat into EMERG HEAT as quite often the temperature drops rapidly outside here in Ottawa and the heat pump doesn't want to give up. Having EH would allow HS to sense the outside temp and prod the system into EH rather than having the system running several hours (or so it seems) to try and catch up.

I understand it is not visible in the API - any hopes that HAI will address?

Thanks,

dp

Comment

Well, I forwarded your post verbatim to the head of HAI but he claims he does not get many requests for this. We can only hope!

In the meantime, here's the quirk... Disconnect the thermostat from the panel and run it in its own serial protocol mode with a script somebody wrote on the message board here, and you CAN then set it to Aux/Emerg Heat mode.

Sorry I can't help but I can't change it from my end! I can offer some help though - the plugin does display and return in a script command the mode of Aux/Emerg Heat when the stat is in that mode, so you can use that to generate some verbal reminders from HomeSeer based upon outside temperature. e.g. "It's below 36 degrees outside, go put the thermostat in Auxilliary mode." and then you can have the plugin put it back to normal (Heat/Auto) mode when the temperature rises above 36.

Rick
        Regards,

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I suspect HAI does not many requests as their product is not widely deployed in Canada?

Anyways, if there is anyway I can influence future requests, I'd be glad to help out.

I had thought about burning another seial port, but like the idea of using the OCX to manage the interface.

Other than that - I'm still in learning mode - confused a bit about zone status, arming status, and latch alarm status - probably just need to read more.

dp

Comment

Those special zone status situations are confusing because HAI normally doesn't even let you know they exist!

The latch alarm status holds the status of the zone when there was an alarm. It is reset I believe when the panel is re-armed. This is where you look to determine which zone was in fault that caused the alarm.

The arming status lets you know if the zone is armed or not. Some zones are armed 24x7 such as a fire zone, others show "armed" when the panel is armed. This is handy for showing which zones are not armed on a "Day" arm versus an "Away" arm such as your interior motion detectors.

Rick
            Regards,

Comment

That helps quite a bit. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X