Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAI Beta plug in features

Rick,

What features/fixes does theh beta plugin have over the standard one? I haven't seen any real differences (other than the code encryption thing you mentioned).

Just curious.

The standard plugin had problems with large HAI systems, specifically mine! My OmniPro has ~76 active zones, 3 expansion enclosures, and around 550 lines of code in the panel. The panel could not keep up with the polling requests from the plugin, resulting in a horrid inaccuracy rate in HS. The latest beta has a different polling method that has solved the problem (THANK YOU RICK!).

Rick might have snuck some more enhancements in there, but the new polling method is a biggy for me.

My system is described in my profile.
    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Thats good to know! While I only have 16 zones, my program size is growing quite a bit (most of that is to communicate directly with my Leopard over a direct serial cable, lot of extra code to get over Omni programming limitations).

Comment

Yes it is 95% fixes for the dag-nabbit polling that HAI makes us do.

It has taken SO long to address that issue that I know there were a couple of other really small things, but I can't remember them right now and I would have to go through an old copy of the code to figure it out. And I inherited that problem to begin with!

The encryption is the only other thing besides fixing the communications.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X