Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reconfigured some zones on my HAI panel now getting errors.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconfigured some zones on my HAI panel now getting errors.

Hoping someone can help me.

Using 1.0.60 and an OmniII panel (was working great, love the plug-in!!).

After re-configuring some zones today to compact install when I started HS I get an "Initializing I/O interface HAI_System Application-Defined or Object-defined error"

Cannot gert to the config options?

Thanks,

AndyM

Andy,

Obviously there is a problem in the plugin that I am not trapping and should trap.

Do me a favor and send me your settings.ini file from the config directory (or just the hspi_HAI section of it if you like) and detail for me exactly what you did when you made the changes - both in PC Access and in HomeSeer, so that I can best try to figure out what happened.

After that, I can probably figure out a way to get you back up and running without losing any of your custom zone names, etc. Triggers and Conditions that you have already set in HomeSeer Events may not work if you made a significant enough change, but we'll see what we can do. You can log a ticket at the helpdesk and it will allow you to upload and attach the INI file. The helpdesk is at http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/helpdesk/pdesk.cgi

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Went through the settings.ini file and found garbage characters in the HAI password (Code) field. Changed it back and now it's working again!! Not sure how it got corrupted??

Thank you for your prompt response!

AndyM

Comment

Did you switch between the production HAI plugin and the beta one? If so, then making that switch could have done it. I was in the process of incorporating encryption for the panel code in the INI file to protect it. At first I think I posted a beta version where the plugin takes the 4 character panel code and encrypts it and then stores the encrypted string, sometimes with binary characters, right back in the INI file. In a subsequent beta, I decided that binary characters in a text file was not such a good idea, so I converted all of the encrypted panel code into printable characters and now that is what I store. The plugin uses the length of 4 characters as an indicator that the panel code has not been encrypted. After the first beta with encryption the length was more than 4 characters, so when the 2nd one was used it tried to unencrypt the panel code encrypted with method 1 by using method 2.

Make sense? Well, at least it does to me. Sorry for the inconvenience!

For others who may run into this, please use the aforementioned fix. Simply edit the INI file and wipe out everything after the '=' on the PanelCode line and then type your panel code. The plugin will re-encrypt it using the newer method. (Of course that is only if you are on the newest version!)

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X