Hai thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hai thermostats

Can you control the thermostats directly from Homeseer or do you need the panel as well?

The HAI thermostats have a protocol that is a modified multi-drop over RS-232 protocol that certainly does allow you to control one or more through a serial port on your PC. There is a script somewhere on this message board for talking to them in fact. So yes, you can talk to them with a serial port and that script that is somewhere on this board, or you can talk to them via the HAI panel - your choice.

Rick
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I am using RC80 as a stand alone. Use the Help in HomeSeer and look under HVAC Support. It will walk you through a thermostat installation. There is a Script file for the HAI it's called RC80.thm. I am using a modified version to that script that is setting the clock and sending the thermostat the outside temperature.

Gene

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gene Rhodes:
        I am using RC80 as a stand alone. Use the Help in HomeSeer and look under HVAC Support. It will walk you through a thermostat installation. There is a Script file for the HAI it's called RC80.thm. I am using a modified version to that script that is setting the clock and sending the thermostat the outside temperature.

Gene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you post the modified script? I am going to purchase a RC80 this week and want to do control based on inside and outside temp.

Thank You In Advance
        Ron T.

Comment

Use at your own risk. Hi Hi

Gene

P.S. I had to change the extension to .txt to upload it. To use it change the extension to .thm
          Attached Files

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gene Rhodes:
            Use at your own risk. Hi Hi

Gene

P.S. I had to change the extension to .txt to upload it. To use it change the extension to .thm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Gene
            Ron T.

Comment

Working...
            X