Problem with HAI_Counter_Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with HAI_Counter_Set

I'm having a problem with HAI_Counter_Set. After it is called, the unit value is still the same as previously set. It eventually gets set correctly after quite a while(more than a minute). This is causing quite a problem with my program logic. Am I doing something wrong? Here is some test code I placed in an event:
    result = hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_Counter_Set(CInt(unit), CInt(deviceVal))
    s = hs.plugin("HAI_System").UnitValue(CInt(unit))
    hs.WriteLog "Info","UpdateSetPoint Set Unit: " & unit & " to " & deviceVal & " with result " & result & " New val: " & s

After running this the result is true but s is equal to the previous value not deviceVal.

Thanks,
    Kirby

Kirby,

Thank HAI for that one. When you set a counter, there is no system event generated to tell the plug-in about the change, so it does not get picked up until the regular polling interval which can take quite a while. I expected a unit change event to be generated which would cause an immediate update, but apparently that is not the case. When I was testing that function, I was using the web page and I saw the change happen very quickly so I am not sure why I had different results from yours. I will, however, check that function and if I am not doing it already, I will modify it to do an explicit status request on that unit so that we can get the value back immediately. It might be that I am doing that with the HAI Units web page but not the script command. Since I am working on it currently I hope to have a version with this feature fix relatively soon.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks Rick!

Comment

The latest beta should address this.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies