This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of Serial connection

Help! The HAI plugin used to work OK has now stopped working. I am using COM 1 for connection to HAI Omni II. It used to work ok but has stopped working. I can shutdown Homeseer & start PC Acess 2.3 which works fine. Restart Homeseer and get msg "HAI: Plugin Needs additional configuration information (panel code). HAI functionality is disabled." The HAI Plug-in Configuration window opens and stops responding. Has anyone experienced this problem? I think that this condition started after trying some additional plug-ins.

Life is fun when you add something and another thing breaks.
    I'd try removing some of the plugins that you added, and see if the HAI one starts working. The other thing to try is to edit the configuration file and manually set the panel code. If it's still not working, drop Rick Tinker an email. He's the current developer for the plugin. He normally catches Omni questions quickly, but now that he is working for Homeseer, he reads the entire forum and it's a B-I-G forum to keep track of. Easy to miss a post or two.

My system is described in my profile.
    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

And I have had to resort to reading the message board only a couple of times a week lest I get any other work done...

There was a bad version of the plug-in that I put out (sorry) that was not saving the configuration information. Download the latest BETA plug-in and see if that helps - at least when you enter in the information after loading the newer one it should "stick" this time. If not, then by all means drop us a line at the helpdesk and I'll take another look at it.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
      HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I have removed all plugins & that didn't help. However, I have installed the latest Ver 1.0.83 and that works to some extent. I like the idea of being able to turn off the serial port so it can be used by HAI PC Access 2.3. This is a great feature, however, when I exit PC access and try to re-establish the serial connection, sometimes I get an error msg invalid port showing port 0 in the COM port box. I am using COM 1. At this point I have to shut Homeseer and restart.

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

OK, I saw that happen once or twice in my testing but I could not reproduce it consistently. Note that it does take some time for the plug-in to get re-established with the panel as it has to do that same operation as when you first start the plug-in to get everything up-to-date. Do you see anything in the log when you tell it to re-connect that suggests it is doing anything?

You might want to open a helpdesk ticket as I do not read the message board every day.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

In reply to Rick questions.
            A msg in the log states: Opening COM Port and resuming normal operation after processing events from the panel. Please wait. Then after a couple of minutes another msg is logged. ERROR: Failed ti initialize panel on COM 0 (Resume On-line INIT-1. A second msg is then logged. ERROR: Failed ti initialize panel on COM 0 (Resume On-line INIT-2.

The Error msg box will not clear as it reappears when you click OK. You then have to close Homeseer and restart. I am running win2000 with all Service packs and patches installed.

Bill F.

Comment

Working...
            X