This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Homeseer User!

Just download HS and am hooking up to my OPII. Any conerns I should have?

Any tips from other users out there?

Homeseer looks awesome! Can't wait to use that touchpad plug-in.

Thanks-

Josh

Yes, I have been negligent in moving the BETA version of the HAI plug-in into production, but I think it is safe to do so and so you should install that version. There may be an issue with the use of the COM port disconnect feature, but with an OPII you have two serial ports anyway, so you can leave one connected to the PC configuration software and one to HomeSeer and won't need that.

There are some "startup" comments in the help file, so after installing the plug-in, look in the HELP directory under HomeSeer and double-click on the HAI-help.chm file.

Let us know if you need any help!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
      I cant seem to add my alc devices?

Comment

Rick doesn't check the board daily like he used to, and he's probably getting ready to head out west to EHExpo.
        Could you expand a little further on "can't add my ALC devices"? Maybe one of us can help you out.

My system is described in my profile.
        My system is described in my profile.

Comment

The ALC devices replace the X-10 Units in an HAI system. This plug-in does not create devices to represent the units because there can be so many of them. If you look at your HomeSeer system though you will see them available "virtually" everywhere. When you look at the actions available to you in Events, there are OnQ actions to turn ALC devices on/off, and the number of ALC devices that you see in the list depends on your settings for the number of X10/ALC units that you wanted the plug-in to control.

In the event properties you also have triggers, and the ALC units appear there as well allowing you to configure an event to run when an ALC unit turns On or Off for example.

In the OnQ/HAI Units web page, you can view and interactively control the ALC devices as well - they start at unit 1 and go up to the maximum number of ALC units that your system supports or the maximum number you told the plug-in to work with, whichever is lower.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X