This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combination Triggers Not Working

HomeSeer supports triggers that require a combination of two conditions to fire. This does not work for the HAI plug-in, but HomeSeer still allows the checkbox to be checked. Is this normal? For example, is it possible to set a trigger based on a zone going not ready, but ONLY if an X-10 device is on or off? Seems like it should be possible. When you check the combination condition checkbox, the trigger never becomes true. The checkbox and combination triggers work fine for other non-HAI triggers I tried.

The triggers with conditions are working okay for me. I just created one to turn on the floodlights when the deck door opens, but only if the "holiday" x-10 flag M17 (limits when the holiday decoration routines run) is on. Worked like a champ.

Are you sure you got the conditions set right? After I created the HAI trigger and checked the "apply conditions" box, the events page showed the hai trigger in green under the "trigger section", and then "conditions: not set" in yellow beneath it. Click on the trigger again, and you get the screen that allows you to select the type of trigger. The "edit conditions for this trigger" next to "hai zone triggers" should be starred. Click on that, and you should be able to add the condition like you do for any non-hai event.

My system is described in my profile.

Comment

By the way JLehnert's instructions are using the HTML interface. For the windows UI, there is an "Apply Conditions" checkbox and button which allow you to apply conditions.

But like he said, they should be working fine.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
      HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Just using the normal UI. With a normal trigger, if you check "Apply Conditions To Trigger" it immediately switches over to the second trigger, and hitting the "Conditions" button toggles back and forth to the main trigger. With HAI triggers, at least a test against a thermostat temp. and a zone not ready trigger, the two I tried, clicking the same box just causes a slight flicker of the trigger, and it just displays the same HAI trigger. Clicking on conditions does nothing.

I never have used the web interface before, but it appears to at least let you set a condition there. On mine, if you click on triggers, you get two columns, one for the triggers like HAI Zones, and one for added conditions. If I set an added condition on the web, I still can't view it with the UI. I didn't try to see if it actually worked.

Comment

I just tried it on the regular UI and got it working, but it wasn't easy and was NOT intuitive.

Create the event, and set up the HAI zone portion of the trigger. Check "apply conditions" (don't hit the "conditions" button though), then go back up to "type", select "by condition", and select your x10 condition. Don't forget to "add" it like I always seem to do. Go back up to "Type" and change it back to "HAI zone triggers". Re-enter the HAI zone trigger (it gets erased somehow), add your desired device changes, then hit OK. You should see both triggers in the window.

Rick, The regular UI could really use some work here. In the case above, if you do hit the "conditions" button, it just puts you back into the "HAI zone triggers" section, while erasing the trigger information you had already entered.

Comment

Thanks JLehnert. I tried your proceedure, and it worked! I'd have to say that I would never have figured that out in a million years. I can't actually see both triggers in the events trigger display because my screen isn't wide enough and it doesn't scroll. Now, I just need to remember how to figure this out when I come back to this event 2 months from now.

Comment

Working...
            X