Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Questions

O.K. got two quick questions:

1) When you use a "Device Value Change" trigger with HAI "System Status," does "Any Value" include "Disamed" or only the alarm ON conditions? If it includes "Disarmed" how do you trigger on any "armed" status?

2) How does the trigger "Device Status Change" work with the HAI "System Status" variable? Does "ON" mean the security system is ON?

The device value change trigger of "any value" indeed covers the device changing from ANY value to any new value. Disarmed is a value of 0, so if it is coming or going to 0 won't matter. (so long as it changes)

The HAI documentation lists the numerical values that correspond with the various status states if you would rather deal with it numerically in a script instead of using the value/name associations as displayed.

So, what I do which might answer your question, is to have the event trigger on the device value change, and then in the conditions (since you can have multiple condition OR group) I can check for specific arming status values such as "Is Armed Away (Delay)" or "Is Armed Day (Delay)" or "Is Armed Vacation (Delay)" - this catches the arming conditions that I want for that event - e.g. not when it is armed in night mode... I will enclose a sample with this post.

RE: Device Status Change... Don't use it - does not apply to these devices at all as they are not X-10 devices.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Attached Files
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks. I see now how this works. You add one "device value change" trigger, then click "by condition" then add the others in different "or" groups. I just never thought of an OR as being a "condition."

Is this the same as if I selected "By condition" as the trigger, and added my OR'd panel arming triggers? I was under the impression that the "By condition" trigger would continue to trigger as long as the condition was true.

Comment

The difference is that a trigger happens the instant the trigger is satisfied, conditions (when used as a trigger) are not instantaneous. Although HomeSeer evaluates these very frequently, they can take as long as a minute before they are detected as being true. This also means that HomeSeer is polling the HAI plug-in very, very often for the security status which is just needlessly adding workload to the system. Using a trigger and then checking a condition is the best way to go because then nothing is taxed until there is a change in the status, and then at that time the security mode is checked so besides being quicker, it is easier on the system. You are correct however that using a condition as the trigger would yield pretty much the same results.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X